Sponsored

Start of 3.0 Production

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
General Manager / Owner of CraneWorks Orlando
Vehicle Showcase
They are really starting to pump these out.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Well got some not so great news on my flight. My Jeep has not arrived and the updated arrival is now 3/20 :headbang: over a month has passed now since my Jeep has shipped. So close yet sooo far away I was really hoping to pick up when I got back too
That sucks man! Hang in there...almost there!

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
For those interested, we have now confirmed compatibility of our popular SmartStopStart ESS memory device with the 3.0 EcoDiesel.
$130 to just disable start/stop? I can hit a button a lot of times for $130. I paid more for the Z Automotive that does the same thing and a bunch of other things I need like changing the tire PSI warning and tire size. Not saying it is a bad product...just costly for just one function.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
I received my window sticker and the prices went up. $870 more than building the same truck online today. What's up with that? Build it and it comes up $62,835 window sticker shows $63,705. A price increase for a few options on the sticker but not online..
Online is MUCH slower to update

Sponsored

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Unfortunately the death toll from the economic fallout and essential service constraints of government entities (ie schools) and companies shutting down will surpass that of the virus itself. Everyone thinks they’re doing their part to “flatten the curve” when their actions are doing no such thing and the ripple effects noted above are actually going to make it worse. I’m all for people taking time off work if they need to care for family, but if we acted like this every time a virus spread via respiratory droplets killed people, we’d never work again. What we have now is the confluence of ignorance, misinformation, and hysteria. It’ll significantly slow or stop wrangler production soon, but that’ll be the least of folks worries. There’s a separate thread about this issue if anyone is interested in further understanding what’s going on.
You forgot to state how the media has really blown this up! People are stupid and don't research anything for themselves. They use Facebook! LMAO. Since all of my plans next weekend are canceled do to this virus...maybe I will got 4 Wheeling in the middle of no where and get away from these nut cases!

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Hi.... been lurking around the forums while waiting for my Jeep. I ordered 1/25. Finally got the VIN number from the dealer but when I go the link to look at the build sheet it’s stating no build sheet. Any ideas? One person at the dealer told us last week it was on hold but that all Diesels were on hold. Now he’s saying ours is showing moved to storage. VIN 1C4JJXFM7LW271899
Ask your dealer for a screen shot...they should be able to tell you the "Status Code" which can be used to confirm...it is unusual for it to be completed and stored without a Window Sticker unless it is not completed...which is possible. There is a build sheet

https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=1C4JJXFM7LW271899

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
That sucks man! Hang in there...almost there!
we will see, my confidence level is pretty low. Like I said it’s been over a month now since it’s shipped. Funny I have found 5 other Diesels on dealer lots in the SoCal area all ordered a month to two after me. Not so sure about this “expedited shipping nonsense” I have been some what patient but if this gets pushed into April which with this damn Corona Virus it’s possible I might lose my Shit and throw in the towel.

Sponsored

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
we will see, my confidence level is pretty low. Like I said it’s been over a month now since it’s shipped. Funny I have found 5 other Diesels on dealer lots in the SoCal area all ordered a month to two after me. Not so sure about this “expedited shipping nonsense” I have been some what patient but if this gets pushed into April which with this damn Corona Virus it’s possible I might lose my Shit and throw in the towel.
Shit at this point you have waited this long hang in there...a buddy of mine has a JK an said he is getting the Ford Bronco. Told him he is full of shit!

This thing is unreal...it is well worth the wait! You got this...it will be there!

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Shit at this point you have waited this long hang in there...a buddy of mine has a JK an said he is getting the Ford Bronco. Told him he is full of shit!

This thing is unreal...it is well worth the wait! You got this...it will be there!
I know I drove one at the dealer quite a bit but shit I’m getting closer and closer to being one of the last oct orders still unfulfilled :headbang:

Motoristx

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
Build Thread
Link
For those who are waiting, its worth the wait. Its a different animal. lots of torque just launches the jeep at a standstill. On the highway it's very smooth. 60 - 90 happens quick, even topped out at 97mph its smooth. Took it on some dirt roads at work tonight, smoother than a lot of IFS trucks out there. I'm not sure if the extra weight helps or what, but its very pleasant.

still need to go on a trail, but work is bad an I don't know when I'll get to go.

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
For those who are waiting, its worth the wait. Its a different animal. lots of torque just launches the jeep at a standstill. On the highway it's very smooth. 60 - 90 happens quick, even topped out at 97mph its smooth. Took it on some dirt roads at work tonight, smoother than a lot of IFS trucks out there. I'm not sure if the extra weight helps or what, but its very pleasant.

still need to go on a trail, but work is bad an I don't know when I'll get to go.
I agree, it rides better than my 3.6 did. The 10% stiffer springs seem better matched to the weight. Hopefully the AEV triple-rate springs are the same or better.
Sponsored