OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Again, as other have said, not wanting to be a dark rain cloud.....

For those of you have been told your jeep has been built, have you looked to see if you have a window sticker? Has anybody seen a window sticker for a diesel?
Impossible to have a window sticker with no EPA fuel economy numbers to complete the sticker itself. Here we are, another Monday gone, and the EPA crickets are becoming deafening. A betting man looking at a three-letter agency which marches to the beat of its own drum would project a pile of their staff out next Monday and no fuel economy numbers until 2020. I’ve mentioned that Jeep is likely warehousing the built 3.0s until the magic wand from Ann Arbor is waved, but I actually don’t know their storage situation. For sure some manufacturers just fill up outdoor parking lots while vehicles wait to ship so some of the earliest builds we’re seeing on here might be getting screwed by the Ohio winter for a bit. Such a shame.
Sponsored

Nihkole

First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL 3.0 Diesel, 2000 Chevrolet Camaro
Sting Gray. Do they group by color? The you tube video of JL production shows the colors mixed up.
I'm not sure that's what I was wondering. I ordered black so I guess color doesn't have much to do with the order they build it in.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
D as of 12/16 6 pm central

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing special for me today. Still D1 and dealer sent me a screen shot with estimated ship date of 1/8.

I initially hoped that my JL would replace my DD but with as long as this is taking I decided to replace my hybrid batteries and get her back on the road. Guess I’ll be keeping it as a DD and my Jeep will move into the Toy zone.;)

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Impossible to have a window sticker with no EPA fuel economy numbers to complete the sticker itself. Here we are, another Monday gone, and the EPA crickets are becoming deafening. A betting man looking at a three-letter agency which marches to the beat of its own drum would project a pile of their staff out next Monday and no fuel economy numbers until 2020. I’ve mentioned that Jeep is likely warehousing the built 3.0s until the magic wand from Ann Arbor is waved, but I actually don’t know their storage situation. For sure some manufacturers just fill up outdoor parking lots while vehicles wait to ship so some of the earliest builds we’re seeing on here might be getting screwed by the Ohio winter for a bit. Such a shame.
A friend of mine worked for GM and they use to build hundreds of extra Tahoes and park them in a parking lot on the plant property. They would sit there for months until all of a sudden a big order came in and they were shipped out. So there is some real possibility that they are sitting in a lot in Ohio catching all the snow and weather. I am sure it will be nothing I will put it through at some point in its life!

Sponsored

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
Nothing special for me today. Still D1 and dealer sent me a screen shot with estimated ship date of 1/8.

I initially hoped that my JL would replace my DD but with as long as this is taking I decided to replace my hybrid batteries and get her back on the road. Guess I’ll be keeping it as a DD and my Jeep will move into the Toy zone.;)
Curious and way off topic but I had to ask how much were the hybrid batteries and how before they cropped out?

JLDIESEL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
I love Jeeps and am proud to say this is my 3rd one, but the organization needs new leadership. I went from E to D1. What an absolute joke.

5376619E-B3DA-441F-9C1D-17A3DC7F9982.png

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Curious and way off topic but I had to ask how much were the hybrid batteries and how before they cropped out?

Lol my DD is my 04’ Prius and when my Hybrid batteries crapped out it was right inline when the order banks opened up. My wife thought I was just saying that so I can order my Jeep.

Brand New Toyota wanted 3k for the batteries plus labor. I decided to pass, I certified refurbished ones with with 2 year warranties so I went that route for 600. Mechanic is charging me 800 to install since it’s 26 or so individual batteries. A little pricey but should put me another 3-5 years driving her. 187k miles on her now and Original owner I hate driving the damn thing but 44-49 mpgs still in SoCal is very nice. All in all I’m in it 1400

Buttercup 3.0

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR 2012 JK
Mine went to paint Friday and I checked today and it’s in Trim stage I hope they are correct on the status

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love Jeeps and am proud to say this is my 3rd one, but the organization needs new leadership. I went from E to D1. What an absolute joke.
Yea I wonder how many of the other supposedly active builds are being fed bs too. As much as FCA’s complete lack of organization is heinously annoying, I still hate the EPA far more. If it weren’t for their gross incompetence, most of us would be driving these rigs already.

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A friend of mine worked for GM and they use to build hundreds of extra Tahoes and park them in a parking lot on the plant property. They would sit there for months until all of a sudden a big order came in and they were shipped out. So there is some real possibility that they are sitting in a lot in Ohio catching all the snow and weather. I am sure it will be nothing I will put it through at some point in its life!
Maybe true, but at least in my case, the planned heavy use will be after xpel and cerakote are applied. Pretending customer orders that have been sitting unprotected outside in Ohio during the winter are in factory new condition constitutes fraud in my humble opinion. Lot-beaten rigs should be sold for heavy discounts from dealer stock, not as custom build vehicles. Jeep is like the cable company that’s the only ISP in town...zero incentive to provide reasonable customer service because us addicts are going to buy em regardless of how many times Jeep beats us down.

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
check with Jeep chat (12/17/19 9:00am) I was in E- framing yesterday so I thought that today would show some movement.

This is the response:
Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle is currently in the frame stage of the build process. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided. the vehicle is still E status it did go E status as of yesterday i would chat back in 3 days to see if it has changed and to also see if a ship date is available.

vin 202788

JLDIESEL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
I called my dealer because I am over JeepChat... dealer said I am in paint with a ship date of tomorrow... I’m not sure if it will sit and wait for window sticker... or ship and dealer can hold the vehicle and print the sticker / ratings on site when released.
Sponsored