Start of 3.0 Production

roll

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vw tdi
Mine went from shipping this week till delayed till Jan 8. That's what my dealer told me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Starting to look a lot more like they’re assembling vehicles for warehouse storage til the stickers are inked.

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Mine went from shipping this week till delayed till Jan 8. That's what my dealer told me.
Holy cow. I looks like FCA doesn’t know what they are doing. Everyone of us is getting conflicting messages. No rhyme or reason as to Vin # or order date. Then when it starts looking positive, another delay. How hard would it be for someone of authority to give a straight answer.

Sponsored

roll

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vw tdi
Where are the Jeep Wranglers made? I figured there would be a forum member that works there that could tell us something.

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I was kind of hoping they might be doing that. Who knows? we will find out eventually!
that’s what I was hoping for as well. Jeep chat told me I moved to D1 today. I contacted my dealer to get any confirmation on that just waiting for a call back now. We will see

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
I wish everyone on here updating their status saying that they are in paint or on the train or whatever would put the last five of their vin for the rest of us

PSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XXXXXX 2020 JL Rubicon 3.6
My question to FCA was “Is EPA certification holding up the shipping of Eco Diesels? Have any been shipped?” Well, I got answer from FCA, (non answer):

Hello Ron!

I have an update for you from our brands team.

"The new third generation 3.0L EcoDiesel Engine production is still in a launch phase and timing will vary depending on customer's unique, specific configuration.

Scheduling and production of these models are already in progress. Information customer is referencing is third party and may contain propitiatory information - we cannot comment on third party speculation."

I apologize for the inconvenience.

If you need further assistance, please chat us back or you can contact us at 1-800-992-1997.

Thank you.

Sponsored

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
Absolutely horrible business plan forking your customers around. Just sayin. How do they think not being honest about an EPA delay, something outside their control, is better than this shell game they are playing.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
that’s what I was hoping for as well. Jeep chat told me I moved to D1 today. I contacted my dealer to get any confirmation on that just waiting for a call back now. We will see
I checked on my build today and was told I was in "D1" for 16 days. I asked if he was sure and he came back and apologized it was still in "D" status now for 16 days! I must keep getting the wrong Rep to talk to?

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
I checked on my build today and was told I was in "D1" for 16 days. I asked if he was sure and he came back and apologized it was still in "D" status now for 16 days! I must keep getting the wrong Rep to talk to?
I was considering the Colorado ZR2 diesel, but held out at the promise of a Wrangler diesel. Now I’m second guessing my decision. Especially since the ZR2 is $10,000 cheaper.

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I was considering the Colorado ZR2 diesel, but held out at the promise of a Wrangler diesel. Now I’m second guessing my decision. Especially since the ZR2 is $10,000 cheaper.
The wait will pay off sooner or later...ZR2 will never come close to the capability of a 3.0 JLU off-road.

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
The wait will pay off sooner or later...ZR2 will never come close to the capability of a 3.0 JLU off-road.
The ZR2 diesel power and fuel economy is poor. But there are aftermarket upgrades. They also come with 31” tires. Seriously 31s? A friend has a ZR2 and I went to Uwharrie. I was in my Grand Cherokee diesel (33” 2.5 lift). They both did great. It had rained the night before and the mud made each trail a notch harder. I got a lot of comments like “wow the Grand Cherokee made it”. The ZR2 would have done better with bigger tires and more aggressive driving. It was brand new so he wasn’t hitting the obstacles very hard. I don’t blame him,I wouldn’t want to trash a new truck either. We are putting a lift on the ZR2 after Christmas. My point is the ZR2 was a very close second for my purchase. Jeep shouldn’t jerk us around too much, there are options. Plus the extra $10000 will make a lot of upgrades.
Sponsored