Standard Equipment List for 2018 Wrangler (JL) - Sport, Sahara, Rubicon

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Couple of things I noticed:

-It says Sport is the only one with Halogen lights - yet LEDs are listed as an option on the Sahara & Rubicon. So what is it? Are the standard or are they an option?

-Nothing about Highline Fenders for the Rubi..... so are these standard?

-Mold-In-Color Fenders - is this just a fancy way of saying black plastic fenders?

-Injection molded bumpers are standard on the Sahara & Rubicon ..... so the Sport has no rear bumpers as later is shows only MB1 for the front bumper. So does the Sport have a different plain plastic bumper as well?

Also no mention about the CB pre-wire.
Sponsored

ColoradoJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Liberty CRD
It’s appeared on pretty much all of mine in recent years, and it’s not just Jeep. They are required to provide some fuel to allow you to drive of the lot to a fuel station. It’s kinda typical, but most dealers will actually include a full tank in addition to the base requirement, sometimes as a mfr promotion, sometimes just dealer choice.

BTW, not only is it not an extended tank, the new JLU has LESS capacity than the JKU by over a gallon.
Yeah, all the manufacturers are reducing tank capacities to reduce weight and increase the MPG rating.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Couple of things I noticed:

-It says Sport is the only one with Halogen lights - yet LEDs are listed as an option on the Sahara & Rubicon. So what is it? Are the standard or are they an option?

-Nothing about Highline Fenders for the Rubi..... so are these standard?

-Mold-In-Color Fenders - is this just a fancy way of saying black plastic fenders?

-Injection molded bumpers are standard on the Sahara & Rubicon ..... so the Sport has no rear bumpers as later is shows only MB1 for the front bumper. So does the Sport have a different plain plastic bumper as well?

Also no mention about the CB pre-wire.
Correct, it is missing everything you stated. No idea as to the answers yet. Guess we'll know more probably once the reveal happens.

Sschmittou

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jku 75th anniversary, 2018 JlU rubicon
Occupation
Homeland security
They're 32.7 or 32.8 I believe, so quite close. But no, Rubicon does not give you the option to select tires.
I guess the better question are they the ko2 all terrain or the mud terrain?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I guess the better question are they the ko2 all terrain or the mud terrain?
No information was provided on that -- would love KO2, but I don't think that will happen.

Sponsored

Sschmittou

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jku 75th anniversary, 2018 JlU rubicon
Occupation
Homeland security
Read thus on topspeed.com

eep continues to partner with BFGoodrich for its tires on the Rubicon but has upgraded to the All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires over the older Mud Terrain T/A KM tires. The luxury-minded Sahara continues to get street-biased all-season tires from Bridgestone.

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
I would like a clock that can accurately keep time! I am constantly changing the clock in my TJ?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
They're 32.7 or 32.8 I believe, so quite close. But no, Rubicon does not give you the option to select tires.
Yes, it stated BFG All Terrain KO2s for mine on the computer.

freegld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
So the Sahara comes standard with a "bright grille". Holy **** that better not mean chrome

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
So the Sahara comes standard with a "bright grille". Holy **** that better not mean chrome
I may be wrong, but I believe that refers to the headlight bezels and grille slot inserts.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Yeah, I think that’s the accents, they started it for the Sahara with the 2016s after a few Special Eds, don’t like the bright, but the black accents on the A-X are great and once people notice it, they ask if it was stock and what the option is.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
so if you want steel bumpers is that a stand alone package for the rubicon? what about Nav? is that standard on the 8.4 "c" what does the C mean it is standard on the rubi? It looks like you get power heated mirrors but no heated seats on the rubi unless you order the cold weather package?

so help me out here this is what I want a rubicon jlu with
heated leather seats,nav,
does the 8.4c come standard with nav? wtf is c?
steel bumpers? are these winch ready? are they standard on the rubcion?
and tow package?
tan colored soft top ? I dont want a hard top 3 piece or other wise.
I don't need alpine speakers . don't want to pay 1000 plus like on the JKU
so what would I order to get this

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Rubicon, Mojito
Yeah, I think that’s the accents, they started it for the Sahara with the 2016s after a few Special Eds, don’t like the bright, but the black accents on the A-X are great and once people notice it, they ask if it was stock and what the option is.
Are you suggesting that Sahara will have the option of chrome or black grill inserts rather than being stuck with chrome?

(Fingers crossed...)

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Are you suggesting that Sahara will have the option of chrome or black grill inserts rather than being stuck with chrome?
Dunno, but in the past there has been a Blackout option for Sport and Sahara that has black accents, still unknown if that will be an option in the Sahara’s future.

Might come around the time of the Special Editions and such.

I does look good, whereas before I thought it was hokey to pay for it, with the right colours, especially bright ones, the black just contrasts it nicely.
Sponsored