Sponsored

Standard Equipment List for 2018 Wrangler (JL) - Sport, Sahara, Rubicon

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
No the point is, if people want something then pay for it, if they don’t want to pay for it, then don’t complain about it, just buy something else.

FCA sells all they make, so the supply/demand formula is working.
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I hear you (demographic target has somewhat changed, and combined with the new government regulations, has increased base price), but it isn't ruffling people's feathers enough for them not to buy it. If people vote with their wallet, FCA will adjust. Until then, won't happen. FWIW, I seriously doubt FCA could build even a super stripped down JLU (with 4WD) for $20k and still meet all legal requirements (or be even somewhat reliable), and at the same time, use the same chassis for other upgraded models (and have money left to both continue R&D for future Wranglers and some profit).

Accounting for the value of money adjusted for inflation, the last time you could buy a Wrangler (delivered) for $20k was 1991. FCA appears to have no interest in targeting customers wanting to buy a new Wrangler for (today's dollars) $20k, and haven't for the past 25+ years.

Last edited:

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
LOL, this explains alot, you obviously don’t understand how business works.

Forget supply & demand equilibriums and cost & profits, as long as we don’t get any complaints then shareholders will be super happy that we’re maximizing their Yelp score instead of their income.

Price only changes if FCA can’t sell enough (prices go down) or can’t supply enough (prices go up).

At$27,000 you should have to pay extra to have those features removed.
Again, you don’t understand how demand works, so you’re advocating to pay more to get less even though it costs FCA less, just so you can get a discount on what you think should be standard?

Your Supply & Demand curve must look like a Picaso.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your 2001 TJ was the same price (actually, slightly more!) than you're complaining about in today's dollars. Having $19,000 in purchasing power in 2001 is identical to having $27,781.76 as of September of 2017. So you are literally complaining that you have to pay $27,000 today, when you paid MORE than that in 2001, and GOT LESS.

Also, complaining has no impact on sales whatsoever unless it ends up in reduced purchases (less demand) when supply was already set.

edit: Not trying to come off like a dick here... sorry if it does. I'm really just trying to show here / put into perspective how time and inflation impact purchasing power, and that $19,000 in 2001 is not the same thing as $19,000 in 2017. It's a very significant difference. Also, re: complaining -- it can't hurt but it's not likely to result in change unless it's followed through on.

Last edited:

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
Sport didn’t have standard AC, nor should it. Power locks & windows also shouldn’t be standard.
Some of us want neither, and we’re a large chunk of the buyers of the Sport too.

Not having power locks or windows or mirrors means no need for disonnecting/re-connecting wires when removing the doors.

You want it, then pay for it, pretty simple.
The document states 4 door. The 4 door JK does come standard with AC...

Sponsored

Sschmittou

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jku 75th anniversary, 2018 JlU rubicon
Occupation
Homeland security
Question for Those of you that ordered the rubi.

Were you able to pick all terrain tires?

I had read that they are doung 285's (ko2's ) instead of mud tires, but the option sheet leak only list mt's for the rubi.

Im really wanting 33 inch street tires

Vintage

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
If I cannot buy a Rubi with NO power locks or windows, it will be a SPORT.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your posting came off as you did not understand basic supply/demand and did not understand inflation. $14,890 (in 2001) plus delivery is still effectively the same price as today's base 2 door. I still disagree on complaining alone impacting price -- voting of your wallet has to follow. 100% agree though on the subprime statement, but if there's been impact on the Wrangler, it has not shown. Wrangler sales do tend to drop off at the end of model production years, so any drop would be tough to prove as a direct result of sub prime loans. That said, YoY Wrangler sales were up in both August and September '17 ( 10% ).

There's no data to support the argument that reducing price or adding more standard features (aka, reducing price) to sell more Wranglers would be beneficial for FCA. The Wrangler has doubled it's sales from '07-'11 period to the '12-'16 period, with the price increases. They're doing it right. You can cherry pick certain things all you want, but overall, consumers are factually still getting more (standards increasing or not) than they did in the TJ.

Last edited:

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

mind_trap20

First Name
Dany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport S 2013
i wait for Rubicon 2 doors, the 2 doors coming with same equipment to 4 doors ?

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase

I had read that they are doung 285's (ko2's ) instead of mud tires, but the option sheet leak only list mt's for the rubi.

Good question.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

They're 32.7 or 32.8 I believe, so quite close. But no, Rubicon does not give you the option to select tires.
Sponsored