Sponsored

standard and optional rubicon rims

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Not sure but I'll be sure to ask tomorrow.

Honestly, I'm indifferent as long as the person doing it knows what the hell they are doing.
Agreed.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
The rims at the LA auto show were not "full black" but rather the silver looked darker grey but still not full black FYI. If i had to say it looks like 50% darker silver was all - sort of like window tinted.

upload_2018-1-4_13-1-58.png

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Kinda mad at myself for even beginning to think about not getting these things. ;)

omgSexy.jpg
Seeing as though you can't get them? What do you mean. Not an option yet right?

SpaceDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
SpaceDog
The rims at the LA auto show were not "full black" but rather the silver looked darker grey but still not full black FYI. If i had to say it looks like 50% darker silver was all - sort of like window tinted.
I didn't make them fully black. It's a layer of black applied at 70% opacity. Regardless, I'm pretty sure you could get them powder coated hot pink if you wanted to.

SpaceDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
SpaceDog
Seeing as though you can't get them? What do you mean. Not an option yet right?
Right... that's just the standard wheels Photoshopped with a layer of black to simulate having a powder coat applied to them.

Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
Right... that's just the standard wheels Photoshopped with a layer of black to simulate having a powder coat applied to them.
OK we are on the same page but I'm definitely thinking powder coat unless I fall in love with the 2 tone version...

Stuweeks

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
So if I wanted to recreate the stock black wheels, would they need to be powder coated or dipped? Or is there some other process I may not know about?

JayV

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Ford Expedition EL 4x4
So if I wanted to recreate the stock black wheels, would they need to be powder coated or dipped? Or is there some other process I may not know about?
I bet if you mask off the gloss black, and plasti dip just the silver parts, that would look pretty sweet.

gumbyhoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: '87 YJ '96 TJ '06 TJ '11 WKII '13 JK 2dr Sport Current: '18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I bet if you mask off the gloss black, and plasti dip just the silver parts, that would look pretty sweet.
I'm going to try this as soon as I get it and the weather allows. Love me some Plasti Dip.

@SpaceDog thanks for the mock-up. Was hoping someone with photochop skills would do this.
Sponsored