First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I finally got my Jeep stuck today, and contemplated slogging through knee deep rancid muck water to hook my winch to a tree. I thought I would share the solution I came up with in the field (or in this case, the puddle) so that other people might be more likely to hit on the winning solution sooner.

The problem was that I stalled out due to going into a goopy muck hole in too high of a gear. I hit some goop that bogged me down, and I didn't downshift fast enough (manual transmission), so I let the engine stall. Once the engine stalled, I was screwed. My tailpipes were under water, and every time I started the engine, it died instantly from the massive back pressure.

The solution was to start it and FLOOR it. Higher revs provided higher pressure to blow the water out of the pipes and let the engine breathe. Then I was able to slam it into 1st gear and ride the skinny pedal to get some wheel spin and sling off enough mud to make forward progress until I finally clawed my way up onto tera firma.
Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
Iā€™d Rather Talk Jeepā€™s!
Shucksā€¦no pictures. :crying:

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
OP
OP
omnitonic

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
truck driver
Great, thanks! šŸ˜‚
This does kind of have me wondering about one of those photo drones. Sometimes you need to see things from outside the Jeep. I wonder if a drone could serve as a lonely man's spotter? I'm thinking the battery life is probably too short to just have a drone follow me the whole time.

Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
This does kind of have me wondering about one of those photo drones. Sometimes you need to see things from outside the Jeep. I wonder if a drone could serve as a lonely man's spotter? I'm thinking the battery life is probably too short to just have a drone follow me the whole time.
Good idea! And quite fun as well!

Vanburi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 'Mojito' JLR
Way too short. Think along the lines of 30 minutes.

OP
OP
omnitonic

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
truck driver
Way too short. Think along the lines of 30 minutes.
That's longer than I was thinking. The last self-piloting flying thing I played with had a battery life of just a few minutes.

Now that I'm done with The Build, maybe I will look into this. It couldn't follow me the whole time, but I could deploy it before I do something cool, or stupid. Might make some really interesting Youtube videos.
Sponsored