Stalled M/T, would not restart

dwoodwo1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium, Granite
Had an odd thing happen - I stalled the car out inching into my garage. Clutch in, brake engaged, the button would not restart the car. Did everything I could think of to try to restart it. Pressed and released clutch multiple times, cycled through off/acc/start multiple times, nothing. Only thing I could do to start it was put it in reverse, let it roll down my driveway, and pop the clutch. Has not happened to me again since, but the other two times I stalled it prior to that, no issues.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
When it didn't start did it just cycle through off/acc/run but not start? I've found instances needing to push the brake pretty hard for it to register.

Grindhouseknives

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLU Sport S
I had the exact same problem thing happen to me a couple of days after in bought my Sport S. I still wasn’t quite used to the clutch and stalled it on a hill about two blocks away from my house. I couldn’t get it started either. The only difference was mine wouldn’t cycle through off acc or run. It just stayed on run. I got out and checked the clutch and the connections thinking that the interlock had disconnected. It cycled through when I got back in and started right up. I don’t remember doing anything different when I got back in the jeep to make it start. I have tried to reproduce the issue several times since then but I haven’t had any more problems with it.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Oh boy. Manual specific problems.

:(

Sponsored

OP
OP
dwoodwo1

dwoodwo1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium, Granite
Hopefully just an isolated incident.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Could be STOP/START trouble ???

JIMBO

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully just an isolated incident.
The only thing I can think of is to disable the ESS and see if that re-cranks the engine.

FUBAR

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
AFAIK the start / stop is only engaged when in neutral.

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I had the exact same problem thing happen to me a couple of days after in bought my Sport S. I still wasn’t quite used to the clutch and stalled it on a hill about two blocks away from my house. I couldn’t get it started either. The only difference was mine wouldn’t cycle through off acc or run. It just stayed on run. I got out and checked the clutch and the connections thinking that the interlock had disconnected. It cycled through when I got back in and started right up. I don’t remember doing anything different when I got back in the jeep to make it start. I have tried to reproduce the issue several times since then but I haven’t had any more problems with it.
Maybe the seat sensor reset the ignition?

Grindhouseknives

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m not sure what I did different. The only thing I have noticed is I need to pause slightly in between pushing the clutch in and pushing the start button. They cannot be performed at the same time.

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Had an odd thing happen - I stalled the car out inching into my garage. Clutch in, brake engaged, the button would not restart the car. Did everything I could think of to try to restart it. Pressed and released clutch multiple times, cycled through off/acc/start multiple times, nothing. Only thing I could do to start it was put it in reverse, let it roll down my driveway, and pop the clutch. Has not happened to me again since, but the other two times I stalled it prior to that, no issues.

Any thoughts?
Well, shit. I have a manual on order and this is one of my worst fears while commuting. I have to get through a pretty steep hill on my drive home from work and stalling it there and having this issue occur will definitely ruin my day.

Guessing the Rubi manuals come with hill-start assist?

Grindhouseknives

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think that all of the manuals have hill start assist. I’m not sure about the base model sport. My Sport S has it on there.
Sponsored