First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
The last time I stalled mine, I left the "RUN" position--still rolling, I put it in 2nd gear and popped the clutch--IMMEDIATE IT STARTED AND RAN--

W.E.

GOOD LUCK

JIMBO
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Teaching my 16yr old to drive, and he has stalled many times. Never had this happen, thankfully. I’m thinking that opening and closing the door might help recycle things (if the doors are on). Did you try that?

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to resurrect this older post, but this just happened to me today. I have about 4K miles on my JL Sahara and embarrassingly stalled it today going through the main gate onto a base. Jeep would not restart. Clutch in, brake in, stick in neutral...no start. Ignition button would cycle out of “run.” After a minute or two (felt like 10) it finally allowed me to cycle to OFF, then able to restart. I do love everything about the Jeep and the M/T, but this could be a huge issue if it keeps happening. I am hoping someone at FCA can explain this and tell me how to solve it (except for the obvious, “don’t stall it!”). My theory is...even though no incline, maybe Hill Assist grabbed the brakes and then couldn’t release them due to engine not running and still being in RUN mode. This may have confused the ignition system until able to rest somehow.
If they are like GM, they'll eventually be forced to admit to their mistake after it kills a few people and they lose a few lawsuits over it. :(

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Teaching my 16yr old to drive, and he has stalled many times. Never had this happen, thankfully. I’m thinking that opening and closing the door might help recycle things (if the doors are on). Did you try that?
Oh no... The car's operating system was written by Microsoft developers... :(

Chinarider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Sahara, 2018 JLU Rubicon,
Haven't run into the "jeep won't start" issue...at least not yet... but I did notice that you've got to keep the start button pressed until the engine cranks and comes to life. This was not the case with my 2009 Mini JCW - also push-button, also 6-speed m/t. With the Mini, you could just touch the button, take your finger off & the car would crank and start without the need to keep it depressed. The difference with the jeep does take some getting used to, but no big deal.
Sponsored