Stainless steel brake line up grade

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
Hey guys I have a 2021 Rubicon with 35” Nittos and the Jeep stops ok at best IMO. I was wondering if anyone has switched over to stainless steel brake lines to have a more firm brake pedal? the brakes do their job but the pedal is soft Jeep is new with only 4,000 miles on it so it’s not really a air in line issue. But with the new wheel and tire combon they wheels are about 45 lbs more per wheel which I’m sure is not helping me.
Sponsored

golong27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I added power stop z36 truck & tow brake pads to my sport after going to 35s and adding steel skid plates. much improved braking from stock.

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
You're probably better off changing to a more aggressive pad.

OP
OP
Somefun

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
I added power stop z36 truck & tow brake pads to my sport after going to 35s and adding steel skid plates. much improved braking from stock.
Do they squeal at all?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Do they squeal at all?
I also did the z36 heavy duty towing pads and cross drilled and slotted rotors front and back. About $400 from rockauto. One of my motivators was the squeal that had developed with the stock pads. About 15k miles later and still as quiet as a church mouse, while also feeling a noticeable improvement in braking power.

The softer and longer throw of the brake pedal is not an indicator of weak brakes. It's intentionally designed that way, because it's more forgiving when bouncing around offroad. Imagine a typical vehicles short throw and sensitive brake pedal offroad. You'd spend all day trying to not eject yourself and your passengers through the windshield.

Give it time for your foot to reprogram its muscle memory. I had the same thoughts as you, when I 1st got my Rubi. The brake power is there, but it just needs a bit further reaching to tap into it.

And the funs not over. Wait until your foot is programmed to the jeep and you find yourself back in a run of the mill vehicle. I handle my wife's yearly inspection. The shop is local and only has a few stopping points along the way. It's not until I'm getting back home, before I remember to only kiss the pedal to stop from kissing the windshield. Lol

Sponsored

golong27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No squealing. I added them to the stock rotors because I was looking for a quick upgrade before a road trip to Windrock - adding ~200lbs of steel skid plates really pushed the OEM brakes over the edge. Anyway, as the other poster mentioned, if I did it again, I would go with the full brake kit with the slotted and drilled rotors.

golong27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had my jeep on a lift last week and noticed that the front brake line had been pinched/cut and needs to be replaced. I replaced with the powerstop steel lines but don't like the way they fit. I have a sport with the standard brakes so the line connects to the caliper at the bottom and the hose hangs down from there creating the opportunity to get snagged on something.

The mopar replacement is on a 2-3 month backorder and the only set I can find that resembles the OEM line is from Rusty's.

Anyone replaced the sport brake lines on the OEM calipers with anything else?

OP
OP
Somefun

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
I haven’t driven the jeep in a while but took it out today and shit this thing has weak brakes fir sure. Going to look at much larger calipers and rotors and see what’s out there. I know Bear has some and synergy but I really love Brembo and they have a serious set up. Need to reach out I’m. Thinking

Willys41

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys