jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else just delete the stabilizer and love it? Best thing i ever did was toss it. Turning radius rocks! Rides straight down the road with very lil bump steer. So far one of the best mods ive done yet.

20200912_183922.jpg
Sponsored

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Anyone else just delete the stabilizer and love it? Best thing i ever did was toss it. Turning radius rocks! Rides straight down the road with very lil bump steer. So far one of the best mods ive done yet.

20200912_183922.jpg
Sounds interesting ... watching

I'm a rookie as far as steering components functionality, but I would think that would transfer a ton of stress into your steering box and hubs, resulting in premature failure?

Last edited:
OP
OP
jlopes68

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds interesting ... watching

I'm a rookie as far as steering components function, but I would think that would transfer a ton of stress into your steering box and hubs, resulting in premature failure?
been running that way for years in the jk, finally got rid of the stock ball joints and am finally able to toss the POS on the jl. it of course will add to the wear, but so does big tires, offset wheels and wheeling all together. cannot say that we have noticed the added wear in over 200k miles on the jk. ill take the wear for the greatness of feel it has for the road and the unrestricted turning radius. full chock to chock on 35's is sweeeeeet!

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
been running that way for years in the jk, finally got rid of the stock ball joints and am finally able to toss the POS on the jl. it of course will add to the wear, but so does big tires, offset wheels and wheeling all together. cannot say that we have noticed the added wear in over 200k miles on the jk. ill take the wear for the greatness of feel it has for the road and the unrestricted turning radius. full chock to chock on 35's is sweeeeeet!
sounds like a non issue then, the benefits outway the minor consequence since it won't be seen for a very long time :)

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
On my JK I ran without one for about 6 months and all was well. Then I put on one of the through shaft types and liked that quite a bit. Haven’t run my JL without one but do have a through shaft type on.

While running without one was no problem, I do like how running one of the through shaft types can tighten up the feel.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jlopes68

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
i debated one of those but we have historically destroyed our SS rather quickly on trail. it was the stock ball joints that kept me from running with out one. once replaced its need was totally alleviated.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
i debated one of those but we have historically destroyed our SS rather quickly on trail. it was the stock ball joints that kept me from running with out one. once replaced its need was totally alleviated.
so which ball joint did you replace with?

OP
OP
jlopes68

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
so which ball joint did you replace with?
I just went with the cheap spicers, couldn't find anything else that was in stock. Our experience is 2 years on the cheapies and 3 on the good ones. I want to try dynatracs or synergy. But it will have to wait a couple years now till these wear out.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

Jeep Wrangler JL Stabilizer delete (removed), no problems 20200912_183922
I drove without mine for awhile when tracking down a steering issue.

I may try it again post new steering box TSB and see.

The stabilizer should not be needed if everything is working correctly..... it's a bandaid.

OP
OP
jlopes68

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
i still have the old aluminum one with a trac bar bracket brace, i kinda crack up about everyone wanting the new replacement one, we have only gone thru 3 or 4 of those in the JK lol broke the sector shaft in one and just plain wore out the others.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
While I don't see a problem running without one my stabilizer allows me to make full lock to lock turns.
Sponsored