Sponsored

St. Louis MO

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
Hey all,
I'm going to be installing the RC budget boost in the next week or two. It'll be my first attempt, but if I get stuck, is there anyone local that could be available to answer a question? I THINK I'll be ok, but would be bad to get to a point where I'm not sure what to do next lol.
I can help too, if you need it.

STLYoungblood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I can help too, if you need it.
Thanks Warpath! I'll let you guys know when I "schedule" myself to do it. I have the lift kit already, and I plan to receive my wheels/tires somewhere around the second week of Sept, so it'll be in that timeframe.

kgatterer

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR , sold-2019 JL Rubicon Mojito
Thanks Warpath! I'll let you guys know when I "schedule" myself to do it. I have the lift kit already, and I plan to receive my wheels/tires somewhere around the second week of Sept, so it'll be in that timeframe.
I'd be down to lend a hand too, cause I plan on doing the same thing next month and could use some support, haha! I've done a lift on my old TJ, and springs/ shocks on my old 2004 Cobra when it was new.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
We just got back from the Alley Spring (MidWestJeepThing) run. Was a bunch of fun. It was REALLY easy trails, but very enjoyable to get out, with cool jeeps and cool people. Always fun. Here's a few pics of camping and the event. There were some JLs there. :)
If you're in the area and want to find some fun Jeep meets, check out the group!

Campsite:
IMG_5153.JPG

Cheating at camping:
IMG_5154.JPG

IMG_5155.JPG
IMG_5157.JPG
IMG_5158.JPG
IMG_5159.JPG

IMG_5160.JPG
IMG_5161.JPG
IMG_5162.JPG
IMG_5163.JPG
IMG_5165.JPG
IMG_5166.JPG
IMG_5167.JPG
IMG_5168.JPG
IMG_5169.JPG

IMG_5156.JPG

Sponsored

STLYoungblood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
To those that offered to help with the lift, thank you. I actually had it done at Tire Bargains in High Ridge. I wanted to do this myself, however, I realized my 4 3 ton jack stands were not tall enough, and my floor jack had height restrictions too. Considering they charged me $350 to install, it was only about $100 more than I would have spent on the new jacks and stands. I'll pick those up overtime I suppose.

On another note, does anyone around have a OBD-II flasher? Thinking a flashcal or something like that, one that doesn't require to be permanently plugged in. I'm curious because I will have my 315's installed in the next day, and I wouldn't mind disabling ESS either. I'd be willing to toss some cash for the programming. I may end up just buying one, but looking at options there. Maybe a group buy lol.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
To those that offered to help with the lift, thank you. I actually had it done at Tire Bargains in High Ridge. I wanted to do this myself, however, I realized my 4 3 ton jack stands were not tall enough, and my floor jack had height restrictions too. Considering they charged me $350 to install, it was only about $100 more than I would have spent on the new jacks and stands. I'll pick those up overtime I suppose.

On another note, does anyone around have a OBD-II flasher? Thinking a flashcal or something like that, one that doesn't require to be permanently plugged in. I'm curious because I will have my 315's installed in the next day, and I wouldn't mind disabling ESS either. I'd be willing to toss some cash for the programming. I may end up just buying one, but looking at options there. Maybe a group buy lol.
Glad to hear you got your lift all squared away. I use tazer but its permanently mounted under the dash, but it takes care of all those things for me.

Koufax80

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Hello. I'm in St. Charles and considering a lift to my '18 JLU Sahara. Obviously a DIY would be great for saving money, but I'd also like the satisfaction of doing it myself and understanding how it works. Where do you guys install your lifts at? It'd be nice to put it on a lift, but i'm new to this and don't know of anyone with one. Thanks for the help.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hello. I'm in St. Charles and considering a lift to my '18 JLU Sahara. Obviously a DIY would be great for saving money, but I'd also like the satisfaction of doing it myself and understanding how it works. Where do you guys install your lifts at? It'd be nice to put it on a lift, but i'm new to this and don't know of anyone with one. Thanks for the help.

In the garage! :) jack stands and a good floor jack. I did both of ours in our garage.

STLYoungblood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure if you are going to do it yourself, you learn from what I had...I was planning on going to it myself, however, my jack wasn't rated high enough and lacked height, and my 3 ton stands didn't go high enough either. If you want to do it, make sure you have some 6 ton stands!

Sponsored

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure if you are going to do it yourself, you learn from what I had...I was planning on going to it myself, however, my jack wasn't rated high enough and lacked height, and my 3 ton stands didn't go high enough either. If you want to do it, make sure you have some 6 ton stands!
Agree with this! I'm in St. Charles. You can borrow some gear, if you'd like.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know of a good shop for metal fab? I need to have a bar bended (to create a stinger) and welded on a bumper. St. Charles area preferably. Thanks!

Koufax80

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Thanks, everyone! On the flip side, if anyone is looking to do anything to their Jeep and needs help, I'm happy to volunteer in hopes of learning. Strong back, weak mind!

kgatterer

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR , sold-2019 JL Rubicon Mojito
Any recommendation on a shop in STL County or JeffCo to mount and balance tires and wheels? I know some places shy away from doing it if you didn't buy from them.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Any recommendation on a shop in STL County or JeffCo to mount and balance tires and wheels? I know some places shy away from doing it if you didn't buy from them.
Honestly, i would just check something like Dobbs or Autotire. They're not strangers to larger tires.
Sponsored