SSV Works Soundbar 6.5" speaker adapter installed

OldManKnees

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
For those of you that have installed the SSV adapter - Can the pieces you have to cut be easily replaced if it doesn't work out? Wondering if I'm 100% committed once I make the cuts, or if I can get replacement parts to put it back how I found it.
Sponsored

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
AML Investigator
Nope. It’s permanent.

JRRE

First Name
Robert Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I installed JL C2’s 650x on my soundbar and kickpanels, also put tweeter in the dash. Went with the jl audio stealthbox 10” in the back. Also went with the jl m700 5 channel amp. Everything sounds great.
Your install setup is similar to what I want to do with my JL. I bet it sounds great! Question, Are you using your stock headunit?

Du0377

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Medical Student
Your install setup is similar to what I want to do with my JL. I bet it sounds great! Question, Are you using your stock headunit?
Yes, the 7inch stock unit. It sounds great. It can get loud. The subwoofer isn’t ridiculous but its good enough for me. Also I have had my top off for the last 3 months so I’m sure it the bass will sound better with the top on. The speakers sound crystal clear.

JRRE

First Name
Robert Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Yes, the 7inch stock unit. It sounds great. It can get loud. The subwoofer isn’t ridiculous but its good enough for me. Also I have had my top off for the last 3 months so I’m sure it the bass will sound better with the top on. The speakers sound crystal clear.
Great! Thank you!

Sponsored

2020 White Widow

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
So I’m installing the SSV works adapters and adding JL C2 650x’s. Im not replacing the 3.5” speakers. What do I do with that wire? Do I just wire them together? Or just close the 3.5” speaker wires and only connect the wire from the old 4.5” speakers to my new 6.5” speakers?
So did you end up “Bridging the wires together??? How did it sound??

2020 White Widow

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Sorry to bump an old(er) thread, but how exactly did you bridge the speaker wire? Did you parallel up the speaker wires to the speaker? I am planning to order the SSV adapters with some Infinity Reference 6.5" speakers from Crutchfield. I just swapped out the dash speakers with the Infinity Reference 3.5" speakers and it was a great improvement and motivated me to continue with the upgrade! I have the 7" screen (non-amplified) stereo system. Crutchfield is providing the Metra 72-6514 speaker wire adapter, which I assume will only give the speaker signal from the 4" speaker wire in the soundbar.
So did you do it??

Don4045

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL wrangler, 2001 Grand Cherokee limited
I got mine installed this weekend as well! Went with the Alpine R 6.5 coaxials. I ended up taking the whole sound bar off and lining it with dynamat and pollyfill. Pretty awesome sound overall. Next weekend I'll get the metra pods in!
Do you feel the 6.5 is the way to go or upgrading the 3.5 and 4" pull close to the same?

Du0377

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Medical Student
So did you end up “Bridging the wires together??? How did it sound??
A shop installed it and honestly I’m not really sure. I will say the jl audio stealthbox…. SUCKS. I thought it was decent at first because I was used a sport stock system but then I drove my dads rubicon with the alpine system and his alpine sub seems to sound better than my jl stealthbox. I dont feel like I am getting enough bass. The c650’s sound great though. I just need to fix my bass problem.

Sponsored

SimpleAce

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
A shop installed it and honestly I’m not really sure. I will say the jl audio stealthbox…. SUCKS. I thought it was decent at first because I was used a sport stock system but then I drove my dads rubicon with the alpine system and his alpine sub seems to sound better than my jl stealthbox. I dont feel like I am getting enough bass. The c650’s sound great though. I just need to fix my bass problem.
Question for you ahve you fixed your issue? I just bought the stealthbox based on reviews and being a direct replacement and i noticed that it is very underpowered compared to the stock alpine setup even with a matching sub.

jeeplaw

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Dodge Charger Daytona, 2019 JLUR
What amp are you guys using to power the stealthbox? From my experience using those boxes in the past, it needs a powered external amp to be of any real use. I wouldn't rely on the oem amp (or god forbid the HU) of the jeep.

SimpleAce

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
What amp are you guys using to power the stealthbox? From my experience using those boxes in the past, it needs a powered external amp to be of any real use. I wouldn't rely on the oem amp (or god forbid the HU) of the jeep.
I have an external amp. Im using a Kicker 46CXA400.1T which is rated at 300 RMS at 2ohms and it sounds like crap to me The JL stealthbox is also rated at 300 RMS.. Im trying to figure out why it sounds worse than the stock alpine sub but not sure yet.

jeeplaw

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Dodge Charger Daytona, 2019 JLUR
I have an external amp. Im using a Kicker 46CXA400.1T which is rated at 300 RMS at 2ohms and it sounds like crap to me The JL stealthbox is also rated at 300 RMS.. Im trying to figure out why it sounds worse than the stock alpine sub but not sure yet.
Weird..out of phase maybe? Is there filter on/off at the amp that may be affecting pass through?

SimpleAce

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Weird..out of phase maybe? Is there filter on/off at the amp that may be affecting pass through?
When you say out of phase what do you mean exactly. There is a knob for crossover freq which is 50-200 and i had it around 80, but may turn it down more. When i get off work im going to do more testing and see whats up but if it doesnt get better im going to return this $1000 sub and get the box i used to have for half the cost honestly and lose some space.
Sponsored