Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
I did the Select Increments JLJT-Pods with Alpine S-S65C and the Alpine KTE-S65G Grills. This setup requires no cutting and everything can be ordered from Crutchfield. I would advise using the included crossovers even though the Alpine upgraded system has factory crossovers built into the factory soundbar wiring and alpine amp setup.
did you have to splice the the included crossovers for the twitter since you are not using the factory crossovers? if so, can you explain how you did that? i'm thinking of doing the same.
Sponsored

Fletch28582

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
Vehicle Showcase
I used the supplied crossover with the Alpine S-S65C 1" Tweeter inline with the Alpine provided crossover and the Metra wiring harness that plugs into the factory wiring. The Alpine S-S65C 6.5" speaker has a crossover attached to the speaker and the Metra wiring harness that plugs into the factory wiring would only need to be used for the 6.5" speaker that replaces the factory 4" speaker. Crutchfield can be helpful to purchase the items needed in regards to the speaker mounts and Metra wiring harnesses needed for speaker replacement.

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
I used the supplied crossover with the Alpine S-S65C 1" Tweeter inline with the Alpine provided crossover and the Metra wiring harness that plugs into the factory wiring. The Alpine S-S65C 6.5" speaker has a crossover attached to the speaker and the Metra wiring harness that plugs into the factory wiring would only need to be used for the 6.5" speaker that replaces the factory 4" speaker. Crutchfield can be helpful to purchase the items needed in regards to the speaker mounts and Metra wiring harnesses needed for speaker replacement.
how did you get the speaker to fit in the opening with that 0.3mH cell on the side? Did you have to do any trimming?

Jeep Wrangler JL SSV Works Soundbar 6.5" speaker adapter installed 1656264647214

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
The tweeters had to much power until I used the crossover that came with them and then they sounded great.
did you connect the wires of the small plug to the crossover and run the woofer from the big plug? I found that with the factory Alpine there wasn’t much sound coming off the larger plug

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
how did you get the speaker to fit in the opening with that 0.3mH cell on the side? Did you have to do any trimming?
I tried a set of the same. The cap is glued on and can be moved.

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Worked for me, try a different browser maybe?
Weird, it works with Microsoft Edge, but not with the Brave Browser (Chrome based browser).

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Weird, it works with Microsoft Edge, but not with the Brave Browser (Chrome based browser).
Do you have any extensions running on Brave? I usually use FireFox on my computer and phone or Safari with extensions on the phone, without issues.

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have any extensions running on Brave? I usually use FireFox on my computer and phone or Safari with extensions on the phone, without issues.
I don't, but Brave blocks most ads and tracking cookies... Here's the error I get...

This site can’t provide a secure connection
crutchfield.com sent an invalid response.

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR