Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
NOW is the perfect time to SAVE!

Jeep Wrangler JL SSC1 1" LED Pods | Diode Dynamics {filename}

Receive a FREE dual-output backlit wiring harness (DD4092) valued at $40 with every pair of universal SSC1, SSC2, or SS3 backlit purchased.

CLICK HERE TO SHOP
Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler

Time is running out!

Get a FREE dual-output backlit wiring harness (DD4092) valued at $40 with every pair of universal SSC1, SSC2, or SS3 backlit purchased!

Adding pods to your cart is all it takes - no coupon code is necessary.

This offer ends May 5th, or while supplies last! Take advantage of this deal TODAY!

Click HERE to shop Stage Series LED Pods!

Just a reminder, you can use the code provided below for free US shipping for the remainder of the month.

Free US Shipping Coupon Code: MAY01

Fargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited edition
@Diode Dynamics

What would you recommend for a reverse light mounted on an AEV light mast behind the Spare tire like the picture below?

1) Would a single SSC1 provide enough light for a reverse light?

2) Would the light coverage spread be sufficient with only one light or should I consider a pair?

3) Would the SSC2 provide a wider coverage angle?

4) Any other options you would recommend?

My primary purpose for the light is to act as a reverse light. It doesn't need to be super bright, I don't want it so bright that the backup camera washes out and I don't want to blind people when I backup. But it does need to be noticably brighter than stock. I also want a wide enough spread of light so that I can use my side mirrors for backing up along with the backup camera.

A secondary purpose is to use the light while setting up a tent and a bonus purpose is to use the red backlight as a 4th brake light. But primary purpose will be for a wide angle reverse light. Please let me know your suggestions and thoughts on the above options. Thank you.

Jeep Wrangler JL SSC1 1" LED Pods | Diode Dynamics 1684785437951

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
1) Would a single SSC1 provide enough light for a reverse light?

Yes! We offer our SSC1 flood LED pod in a few vehicle specific kits.

2) Would the light coverage spread be sufficient with only one light or should I consider a pair?

Yes, a single pod will provide ample lighting for your application. However, if the light is aimed directly backward the spread will have the most intensity directly behind.

You might want to consider a pair if looking to spread the light on the left and right for increased brightness when using the rearview mirrors.

Jeep Wrangler JL SSC1 1" LED Pods | Diode Dynamics 1684856593516

Jeep Wrangler JL SSC1 1" LED Pods | Diode Dynamics 1684856601126

3) Would the SSC2 provide a wider coverage angle?

Referring to question 1, our Stage Series reverse light kits for other vehicles are offered in our SSC1 and SSC2 pods to select from. Our output data is provided on SSC1 and SSC2 product listings.

Jeep Wrangler JL SSC1 1" LED Pods | Diode Dynamics 1684856644695

Jeep Wrangler JL SSC1 1" LED Pods | Diode Dynamics 1684856652297

Jeep Wrangler JL SSC1 1" LED Pods | Diode Dynamics 1684856659578

4) Any other options you would recommend?

Our Stage Series 6" Light Bar is a great option in our flood optic too!

Jeep Wrangler JL SSC1 1" LED Pods | Diode Dynamics 1684856724914

Jeep Wrangler JL SSC1 1" LED Pods | Diode Dynamics 1684856749041

https://www.diodedynamics.com/stage-series-6-sae-dot-white-light-bar-one.html

4.) My primary purpose for the light is to act as a reverse light. It doesn't need to be super bright, I don't want it so bright that the backup camera washes out and I don't want to blind people when I backup. But it does need to be noticably brighter than stock. I also want a wide enough spread of light so that I can use my side mirrors for backing up along with the backup camera.

Jeep Wrangler JL SSC1 1" LED Pods | Diode Dynamics 1684857222527

- Here is an example of our HitchMount LED Pod that is essentially an SSC1 Sport with a flood optic installed in the hitch receiver. The backup camera isn't impacted.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/hitchmount-led-pod-reverse-kit.html

5.) A secondary purpose is to use the light while setting up a tent and a bonus purpose is to use the red backlight as a 4th brake light. But primary purpose will be for a wide angle reverse light. Please let me know your suggestions and thoughts on the above options. Thank you.

- Have you considered our C1R LED Pod? This product includes a high-power white main beam, a high-power red main beam, and low-power red accent light.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/stage-series-c1r-white-flood-standard-led-pod-pair.html

If you are interested in a quick solution, go ahead and give us a call at 314-205-3033 Monday-Friday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST, or shoot us an email at [email protected], and our service team would be happy to discuss and arrange the perfect setup for you!

Sponsored

Fargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks John, that is helpful. I didn't know if your hitchpods used the Sport or Pro. So that helps. It does look like a single SSC1 would be enough light. But I can see where 2 would give more width for using mirrors as you stated.

I did look briefly at your 6" light bar. But I think I like having the red backlight for a 4th brake light.

I also looked at your C1R. I do really like that setup. But the cost difference between the SSC1 Sport and the C1R was too much since I already have a good 3rd brake light. I think the red backlight on the SSC1 Sport would be enough to just have a little extra attention at stops.

Question:
Are the lights in the photos of the SSC1 and SSC2 against the brown wall positioned at the same distance? The SSC1 Sport looks brighter than the SSC2 Sport. Is that accurate or just a camera inconsistency. I noticed in your datasheets that the SSC1 does put out a little more light, but I didn't think the small difference in measured lumens would be noticeable.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Question:
Are the lights in the photos of the SSC1 and SSC2 against the brown wall positioned at the same distance? The SSC1 Sport looks brighter than the SSC2 Sport. Is that accurate or just a camera inconsistency. I noticed in your datasheets that the SSC1 does put out a little more light, but I didn't think the small difference in measured lumens would be noticeable.
The SSC1 and SSC2 wall output shots are in the same place with the same camera settings.

However, due to the design, the SSC1 output has a slightly higher candela rating/lumen output.

SSC2 Flood Sport375 cd4 lux871 lm1,130 lm6000K White

SSC1 Flood Sport400 cd4 lux1,030 lm1,449 lm6000K White

Fargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for confirming. That SSC1 is an impressive little light. On the other hand, the SSC2 is impressive in how even the light output appears. Not to mention that it only uses only 7.7 watts compared to 12.8 on the SSC1. Impressive lighting for such little power consumption.

Thanks for all the feedback.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler

🚨 Our Memorial Day Sale is LIVE!!! 🚨

➡ Up to 15% OFF Sitewide
➡ 10% OFF JL/JT Elite Series Headlights
➡ Free US Shipping on any orders over $300!

Excluded: F150 Elite Series Headlights, and F150 Elite Series Fog Lights

John C.
Diode Dynamics

Hours: Monday-Friday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 314-205-3033

Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Friday, 6/2/2023. Cannot be combined with other coupon codes.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler

⏳ WARNING! TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY TO SAVE! ⏳

➡ Up to 15% OFF All Lighting Upgrades
➡ 15% OFF Stage Series Rock Lights & HitchMount LED Pods
➡ 10% OFF Elite Series JL/JT Headlights
➡ FREE US Shipping on any order over $300!

No coupon code is required.

Click HERE to shop lighting upgrades for your ride!

🚨 Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Friday, 06/02/2023. Cannot be combined with other coupon code 🚨

John C.
Diode Dynamics

Hours: Monday-Friday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 314-205-3033

Sponsored

Fargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've got a SSC2 Sport on order. I'm still a bit concerned if it will be enough light. So I may order a 2nd light in the future. I've considered bumping up to the SSC3, but looking at various photos, the light distribution looked the best with the SSC2.

Thanks for the help.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler

Ignite your lighting game this July 4th!

➡ 20% OFF Single Row Stage Series Light Bars
➡ 15% OFF Sitewide
➡ 10% JL/JT Elite Series Headlights

Plus, score FREE shipping and a FREE Diode Flag Tee with any purchase over $300!

NO COUPON CODE REQUIRED

➡
https://www.diodedynamics.com/ ⬅

Excluded: F150 Elite Series Headlights, and F150 Elite Series Fog Lights

Expires at 11:59 p.m., Friday, July, 7th, 2023.