Squeaky hard top

AZJLU1100

First Name
Lee
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
A few weeks ago i got caught in a torrential downpour. After that, I noticed that my hardtop had a noticeable squeak coming from the rear glass....it started to drive me crazy. I was able to get rid of the noise by putting a light coat of silicone on the seals. No more squeaks. I hope this helps anybody who has had the same issue.
Advertisement

Space ace

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
A few weeks ago i got caught in a torrential downpour. After that, I noticed that my hardtop had a noticeable squeak coming from the rear glass....it started to drive me crazy. I was able to get rid of the noise by putting a light coat of silicone on the seals. No more squeaks. I hope this helps anybody who has had the same issue.
Can you show where you applied it to exactly?

OP
OP
AZJLU1100

AZJLU1100

First Name
Lee
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Can you show where you applied it to exactly?
I applied it to the seal that surrounds the tub of the Jeep. I also applied it to the seal on the window....I think that is what is causing the squeak. I will download a few photos tomorrow

Space ace

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
I applied it to the seal that surrounds the tub of the Jeep. I also applied it to the seal on the window....I think that is what is causing the squeak. I will download a few photos tomorrow
The tub? Is that with the top removed?

Scott1911

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2 Door Unicorn
I had same problem, used 303 rather than silicon.

kirbyx

First Name
Oot
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ, 2018 JL
Thank you. Found the squeak, and thanks for the solution!

Advertisement

Jim Marsh Chrysler Jeep

Advertisement