Sponsored

Sprintex & Edelbrock superchargers at SEMA

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Let’s start a separate thread for Turbos or one to discuss Prodigy so we can keep this one just about these superchargers.
Sponsored

45rake

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Sting Gray, 15 Lamborghini Huracan, 11 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, 15 Mercedes Benz GLA45 AMG, 66 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser
Spoke with RIPP yesterday and they are still fine tuning their setup. They said that they are shooting for April for release.

45rake

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Sting Gray, 15 Lamborghini Huracan, 11 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, 15 Mercedes Benz GLA45 AMG, 66 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser
Seems that Procharger is the most aggressive company to support a supercharger for the JL. Anyone have a Procharger installed yet on a JL? Any opinions on RIPP vs Procharger on JK installs?

Sponsored

SoCalBuckeye

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Can't wait to try one of these.:rock:
20181101_141447.jpg
20181101_141505.jpg
20181101_130546.jpg
20181031_113800.jpg
Sprintex is garbage. I had one on a 2016 JKU Hard Rock, manual. Constant tuning issues. Which is stupid considering it was a 6 speed and shift points weren’t an issue. I ended up getting rid of the Jeep bc they could never tune it right. I kept having the boost cut out. They don’t support their shitty products either. I also think the boost is too much for the stock pentastar even though they deny it. I blew out stock cat in 2 months and shredded my ring gear in the rear diff. Do yourself a favor and stay away from that.

5280Sapper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
So why didn’t you just have it tuned professionally. Everything you described is all due to tuning and can be easily fixed.. all the companies that sell forced induction regardless the platform you are using will have a generic box tune to start and allow you to drove and have a tiny bit of fun. They are built around the fact no matter what vehicles will perform different then others and are driven differently the others no 2 are the same. If you add a power adder you need to have it dyno tuned to run correctly.

Sprintex is garbage. I had one on a 2016 JKU Hard Rock, manual. Constant tuning issues. Which is stupid considering it was a 6 speed and shift points weren’t an issue. I ended up getting rid of the Jeep bc they could never tune it right. I kept having the boost cut out. They don’t support their shitty products either. I also think the boost is too much for the stock pentastar even though they deny it. I blew out stock cat in 2 months and shredded my ring gear in the rear diff. Do yourself a favor and stay away from that.

SoCalBuckeye

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
So why didn’t you just have it tuned professionally. Everything you described is all due to tuning and can be easily fixed.. all the companies that sell forced induction regardless the platform you are using will have a generic box tune to start and allow you to drove and have a tiny bit of fun. They are built around the fact no matter what vehicles will perform different then others and are driven differently the others no 2 are the same. If you add a power adder you need to have it dyno tuned to run correctly.
They won’t warranty the product if it’s not using their tune. We did several data runs and sent to Sprintex for new tunes and the problems never were resolved. I don’t care if you dyno tune or not, I just don’t think the 3.6 is meant to have 14-16 of boost. Dyno tune or not, you shouldn’t blow your Cats out of an almost brand new Jeep. It being a Rubi with the D44 rear, I wouldn’t think the rear diff would get destroyed within a month either.

2003hummerh2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
They won’t warranty the product if it’s not using their tune. We did several data runs and sent to Sprintex for new tunes and the problems never were resolved. I don’t care if you dyno tune or not, I just don’t think the 3.6 is meant to have 14-16 of boost. Dyno tune or not, you shouldn’t blow your Cats out of an almost brand new Jeep. It being a Rubi with the D44 rear, I wouldn’t think the rear diff would get destroyed within a month either.
I thought it only ran on 6-8 psi of boost?

Sponsored

JonW

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.socallx.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8, 2006 Toyota PreRunner, Researching a JL
Most of these kits are going to be around 7 psi. Suprisingly, RIPP says on their site 11-12 psi for the Charger/Challenger 3.6 kit, which I think is a bit high. I've seen their kits on the LX platform vehicles and it is a quality setup putting out good power. I spoke with them at the LX Spring Festival last month about their JL kit and they were just doing finishing touches on the tune.

I've personally worked with Edelbrock on a kit a few years back. I loaned them my vehicle for the first 392 supercharger kit they did. I can tell you that anything they put out will be top notch, plug & play and near bullet proof.

Brooklynjlu2018

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
I think r
Seems that Procharger is the most aggressive company to support a supercharger for the JL. Anyone have a Procharger installed yet on a JL? Any opinions on RIPP vs Procharger on JK installs?
Ripp makes good products i lived on staten island for awhile and had him do work on my old eclipse. Im definitely looking at his kit for the jhell as soon as i get these steering issues fixed

anotherWS6

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
LOL, you're describing problems that are Jeep related. Destroyed a ring gear. Is that because of bad tuning? Should companies offer low HP blower kits?
Sponsored