Sponsored

Spring trip to Hidden Falls - April 3: pictures and video inside!

I’m interested in wheeling with a group at Hidden Falls, and the date that suits me best is:

• March 20th

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • April 3rd

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • April 10th

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Chocolate Thunder, how was the brush??

I’ve only been once, and that time the brush was over grown into the trails. That day, paint was scraped. Luckily I had some branch cutters for the parts that were nearly impassable.

My Jeep I supposed to arrive 3/25, so 4/3 will be a little tight getting tires and other mods on in time, might be able to make it work though!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Chocolate Thunder, how was the brush??

I’ve only been once, and that time the brush was over grown into the trails. That day, paint was scraped. Luckily I had some branch cutters for the parts that were nearly impassable.

My Jeep I supposed to arrive 3/25, so 4/3 will be a little tight getting tires and other mods on in time, might be able to make it work though!
Glad you asked. There has been some trimming on some of the trails, but not enough IMO. Lack of trail maintenance is one of my biggest frustrations with Hidden Falls (barely existent trail signage and the SxS mob also make the list). Several trails have limbs that need to be trimmed. There was one low hanging limb in particular near the bottom of Wet & Wild that was bad. Nothing impassable, but some pinstripes are likely.

If you get yours in time come out. There are trails that are more open and not through the bush.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
The brush overgrowth is the primary reason I won’t be going back to HF anytime soon. It’s unavoidable there and you will come home with lots of pinstripping.

JWAustinVTX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
The brush overgrowth is the primary reason I won’t be going back to HF anytime soon. It’s unavoidable there and you will come home with lots of pinstripping.

What's a good alternative to HF?

Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Forgive the ignorance - what are WC and K2?

Vanburi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 'Mojito' JLR
I'm not going to be able to make it after all. Minor surgery on the 1st and I need to take it easy following.

JanetsJLU

First Name
Janet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
72 blazer, are you taking the crawler or just the JL?
i haven’t had my rig at k2 in 7-8 years, back in those days I felt like wolf caves had little more to offer.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
72 blazer, are you taking the crawler or just the JL?
i haven’t had my rig at k2 in 7-8 years, back in those days I felt like wolf caves had little more to offer.
I’d be taking the JL. The Blazer is currently in need of a transmission. Hoping to have it back together over the summer.

it’s been about the same amount of time since I’ve been to K2 and going on 3 years since I’ve been to WC. My ideal plan is to go to WC in April and K2 in May for the Crawfish run but all depends on how work looks.

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I have to check with the wife because she may have some medical related stuff planned and if I’m home taking care of her I definitely won’t be able to go, but barring that I would love to come meet some of y’all out there on 4/3. It’s been far too long since I’ve been wheeling at HF!

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
BONUS. Jeep Badge of Honor has added Hidden Falls ORV now. If you are able to make it out you will earn a badge. For some it may be your first (hopefully not your last) or maybe you’ll add it to your others.

If you don’t already have it, download the Jeep Badge of Honor app before we go so you’ll be able to check in.

B_AIRS

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sr. Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to join you guys on 4/3 if that is still the plan. I will be coming from the Houston area and driving up that morning so I may have to meet you guys in the park somewhere depending on what time you are planning on getting started.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I would like to join you guys on 4/3 if that is still the plan. I will be coming from the Houston area and driving up that morning so I may have to meet you guys in the park somewhere depending on what time you are planning on getting started.
It’s still my plan. We haven’t set any specific time to meet up yet. The check in area can get a bit crowded so it may be better to meet up at the parking lot at Area B near the pavilion/food truck/convenience store. As far as a time, I’m open to suggestions. Most will be driving in from some distance. Maybe 10:00? Who all is planning to definitely come?

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
BONUS. Jeep Badge of Honor has added Hidden Falls ORV now. If you are able to make it out you will earn a badge. For some it may be your first (hopefully not your last) or maybe you’ll add it to your others.

If you don’t already have it, download the Jeep Badge of Honor app before we go so you’ll be able to check in.
Have any idea what else they added?
Sponsored