Sponsored

Spring trip to Hidden Falls - April 3: pictures and video inside!

I’m interested in wheeling with a group at Hidden Falls, and the date that suits me best is:

• March 20th

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • April 3rd

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • April 10th

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I’d like to jump in on the 4/3 trip but my wife questioned if we would be under equipped to keep up with you guys. We didn’t do any trails rated higher than 2 (as far as I know) and we would both hate to be “that guy” that keeps y’all from doing trails you want. Thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I’d like to jump in on the 4/3 trip but my wife questioned if we would be under equipped to keep up with you guys. We didn’t do any trails rated higher than 2 (as far as I know) and we would both hate to be “that guy” that keeps y’all from doing trails you want. Thoughts?
Bring it. I plan to be there all day. There are plenty of trails that meet everyone’s equipment and skill level. Nobody has to tackle anything they don’t want to. You’ll be fine.

But tell your wife that THIS Is why you NEED a lift and bigger tires and skid plates. Because you don’t want to get teased and laughed by the other boys on the playground. Peer pressure- the best excuse to spend crazy money on your Jeep. :LOL:

SmilesPerGallon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport, 2021 JLU Sport
You will be just fine! Both of mine are sports and I have done all the level 4 trails and some of the level 5 with my JK and no lockers. If you don't feel comfortable with an obstacle just go around no shame in that! Also I have a winch and I'm sure other members will as well so if you feel the need to we can winch you out. I have buddies with Tacomas that come out and ride with us and trail ride and skip the harder level 3 stuff but still have fun!
Also if you have a Rubicon as stated in your profile you can do all the level 4s pretty easy with minimal scraping on the skid.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I'd love to do this but not on Easter. I'll keep an eye on that thread for other dates.

Sponsored

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Thanks for the tag. Unfortunately I may be soaking it up on the beach that weekend and I’m also planning a trip to K2 in April or May. Hope to wheel with you again CT :rock:

Both of mine are sports and I have done all the level 4 trails and some of the level 5 with my JK and no lockers.
All the level 4s and some level 5s with no lockers? Do you solely rely on wheel speed? I can believe it on some of the level 4s as some seem like 3s.

SmilesPerGallon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the tag. Unfortunately I may be soaking it up on the beach that weekend and I’m also planning a trip to K2 in April or May. Hope to wheel with you again CT :rock:

All the level 4s and some level 5s with no lockers? Do you solely rely on wheel speed? I can believe it on some of the level 4s as some seem like 3s.
I have metalcloak on both my jeeps and I can keep all 4 on the ground most of the time. The few times I cant I will use the e brake or the foot brake to fool the esc. It definitely requires more skinny pedal and I'm glad I have skid plates. I will also pick the easier lines on the obstacles that people with lockers struggle with.

Sponsored

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
I have metalcloak on both my jeeps and I can keep all 4 on the ground most of the time. The few times I cant I will use the e brake or the foot brake to fool the esc. It definitely requires more skinny pedal and I'm glad I have skid plates. I will also pick the easier lines on the obstacles that people with lockers struggle with.
We need to wheel together. I’d like to see it. :like:

SmilesPerGallon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We need to wheel together. I’d like to see it. :like:
I go every weekend I have off. I also have LOD sliders on the JLU so I really beat on the Jeep. It stay off of stonehedge and the more diffucult 5s but have done wild cat multiple times. I just back it up and bump it. I have Rubicon 44 crate axles on order from the dealer but they won't be here til april.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I ordered the AEV 2.5" kit from Morris 4x4 so should have that before 4/3 but will be holding off on tires for a bit. I like that in a trail recon comparison he said it handles better on road than stock, comes with the programmer for when we do change tire sizes, and it's made in USA. Can't be having ya'll picking on me out there.... ; )

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Zero notice road trip: I’m going to head out to Hidden Falls tomorrow morning. I’ll probably be there by 11 or 11:30 or so and stay until about dark. Anybody who is able to and wants to join up with me is welcome.

PM me to exchange contact information if you’re coming.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I was able to make it out yesterday and scout a few trails I’ve never done before since I’ve got more capability with extra height, articulation, and protection I didn’t have before. I scratched some of the 4 diamonds off the list. With the relatively dry conditions some of them presented no problems at all, some were more challenging. I highlighted most of the trails I ran in orange. I was on trails for about 5 hours, maybe a little less. I did all of each trail highlighted at least once, except I only did the upper portion of Green Mile above the North Pole bypass. Ask any questions you might have.

Jeep Wrangler JL Spring trip to Hidden Falls - April 3: pictures and video inside! 24549185-37F5-4DA2-A48C-E24F3CF4708C
Sponsored

Last edited: