Sponsored

Spring trip to Hidden Falls - April 3: pictures and video inside!

I’m interested in wheeling with a group at Hidden Falls, and the date that suits me best is:

• March 20th

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • April 3rd

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • April 10th

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
So how many 100% certain that they will be there Saturday? Meet time is 10:00 Saturday 4/3 at Area B parking near store/food truck/pavilion (you can’t miss it). Also, list any particular trails you’d like to run. We won’t run every trail in a day, but I’m down to do the ones that the most people have an interest in. If you have a GMRS radio bring it. If you want to exchange phone numbers PM me. Copy/paste below and add yourself so we can recognize one another.

1. Jeremy - dirty Ocean Blue JLUR/2.5” lift/37s - North Pole, Baby Back, Bronco Buster (never run it), FM TRO (run lower half only).

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2. Brad - Sting Grey JLUR/2.5” lift/35s
Any trail that doesn’t bust my ride home

B_AIRS

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sr. Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
3. Brian - Sting Gray JLUR/stock suspension, stock tires.
I have only been once before and don't know any trails by name so along with Brad, "any trail that won't bust my ride home". :like:

Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’d like to know how you like these. I may just have to order some!
The fit/finish seems pretty good, and the price isn’t significantly more than the FRS ones. The FCC license requirement surprised me but that’s only $70 for 10 years and I got the call sign back the next day. If I’d done a few minutes research I would’t have been surprised.

I found the fcc.gov to be hard to navigate and not very intuitive. The GMRS license application is found under the CORES database and coded as “ZA”. Like they ran out of Gx codes or something... This is probably to be expected from a government website though.

To be honest, we probably won’t be far enough to test range. As long as it works and doesn’t have miserable battery life I don’t know enough about other radios to compare or review.

The Jeep Jamboree website shows they transitioned to GMRS (and got sponsored by Midland) this year so figured these were a relatively cheap way to dip my toes in the water.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I’d like to know how you like these. I may just have to order some!
I’ve got those. They’re kind of a standard of inexpensive handheld GMRS radios. They’re great. You can get them at Best Buy or Walmart. Walmart is $68. Range is good for what they are, depending on terrain they work from a mile or so to maybe up to almost 5 best case scenario.

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
1. Jeremy - dirty Ocean Blue JLUR/2.5” lift/37s - North Pole, Baby Back, Bronco Buster (never run it), FM TRO (run lower half only).

Any trail that doesn’t bust my ride home.

I have only been once before and don't know any trails by name so along with Brad, "any trail that won't bust my ride home".

4. Scott - Billet JLUR - 2” Mopar lift with metric 35s. Got my GMRS semi mounted and I’ll bring my hand helds too. No winch. I’ll try most anything if someone goes first.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
4. Scott - Billet JLUR - 2” Mopar lift with metric 35s. Got my GMRS semi mounted and I’ll bring my hand helds too. No winch. I’ll try most anything if someone goes first.
Oh, Scotty. That’s what I said my first time in prison and it got me into some trouble that haunts me still to this day. Sounds like you’re going to have a fun day! Lol. But seriously, I encountered a number of stock Jeeps on some of the 4 diamond trails. I discovered that they tend to have bypasses on the obstacles that make them have a 4 diamond rating. Any of your crew tagging along in the TJ or JK?

Sponsored

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I was really looking forward to this but won't be able to make this trip. I'd love to see another group outing soon!

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr

Any trail that doesn’t bust my ride home.

I have only been once before and don't know any trails by name so along with Brad, "any trail that won't bust my ride home".

5. Mark - Sting Gray JLR /4.5" lift/37s. I've only been once, so don't know trails by name. I don't mind challenges, but have no desire to break my DD. I do have GMRS.

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Oh, Scotty. That’s what I said my first time in prison and it got me into some trouble that haunts me still to this day. Sounds like you’re going to have a fun day! Lol. But seriously, I encountered a number of stock Jeeps on some of the 4 diamond trails. I discovered that they tend to have bypasses on the obstacles that make them have a 4 diamond rating. Any of your crew tagging along in the TJ or JK?
Not this trip. Just me! They don’t like the idea of that much travel.

Scott

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I thought about a Sting Grey, but decided to get the same color as my Jk.
Sponsored