Spring Plans?

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Just wondering what kind of Mods/Upgrades we have planned for the upcoming Spring/warmer weather.

My # 1. Finally decide on a set of 35" tires to go with my 2.5" lift (still running stock tires right now).

My # 2. Oder and install Body Armor trail trail doors. Anyone running these I'd love to see some pics. https://www.quadratec.com/p/body-armor/gen-iii-front-trail-doors-jeep-wrangler-jl

My # 3. Remove those crappy ass Quadratec door entry guards and install the ones from Rugged Ridge that dont' leave a gap in the door closure.
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Are these the one to which you refer? Been wondering about sill guards - the Mopar options look lacking (and overpriced) and I haven't found a whole lot of info out there.
https://ruggedridge.com/all-terrain-entry-guard-kit-18-19-jeep-wrangler-jlu-11216-32.html
Yeah I think those are the ones accept the 4 door set. They have great reviews. Deffinetly do not buy the Ones from Quadratec. I called their customer service about them and they credited me back and said "just keep them". So I ended up getting them for free. Yet they still leave a gap which lets in smoke, water, cold air, and anything else.

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
Are these the one to which you refer? Been wondering about sill guards - the Mopar options look lacking (and overpriced) and I haven't found a whole lot of info out there.
https://ruggedridge.com/all-terrain-entry-guard-kit-18-19-jeep-wrangler-jlu-11216-32.html
We have those. The Mopar and other options have less coverage and can cost more. While the fronts fit well there still is a very small gap btwn it and the inside plastic floor trim. The back could have and should have been a longer piece - but again is still better than the others. Overall is probs the best solution and matches up fine.

To prevent “any water or snow” getting under - cover the gap with some traction tape. At that point the interior is 100% watertight with the Mopar slush mats. We add an additional deep groove snow mat on top that - which collects most the snow. So effectively keeps the entire interior carpet and floorboards bone dry all the time.

You may notice when it rains heavy and you open the front doors - a stream of water drips in and splashes inside. Not optimal but it is what it is with a fold down windshield and removable roof panels. The guards etc are def worth it.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
We have those. The Mopar and other options have less coverage and can cost more. While the fronts fit well there still is a very small gap btwn it and the inside plastic floor trim. The back could have and should have been a longer piece - but again is still better than the others. Overall is probs the best solution and matches up fine.

To prevent “any water or snow” getting under - cover the gap with some traction tape. At that point the interior is 100% watertight with the Mopar slush mats. We add an additional deep groove snow mat on top that - which collects most the snow. So effectively keeps the entire interior carpet and floorboards bone dry all the time.

You may notice when it rains heavy and you open the front doors - a stream of water drips in and splashes inside. Not optimal but it is what it is with a fold down windshield and removable roof panels. The guards etc are def worth it.
Thanks for the detailed info. If you get the chance at some point would be great if you could post a pic of your application of traction tape on the gap to assist with visualization; thanks.

Sponsored

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Well I got to drive my new Jeep for two weeks then had total knee replacement and it looks like two more weeks until I am free wheelie on the road again.
My last upgrades this spring is either a level kit or factory 2.5" lift and maybe replace the factory rock sliders for something with a low profile step but with a little more beef over factory. One other thing I need to figure out is simple storage for recovery items without taking up space in the cargo area.

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Well I got to drive my new Jeep for two weeks then had total knee replacement and it looks like two more weeks until I am free wheelie on the road again.
My last upgrades this spring is either a level kit or factory 2.5" lift and maybe replace the factory rock sliders for something with a low profile step but with a little more beef over factory. One other thing I need to figure out is simple storage for recovery items without taking up space in the cargo area.

depending what you mean by recovery items...this may be something you’re looking for
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/easy-attic-mod.45379/

click the link :like:

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
Thanks for the detailed info. If you get the chance at some point would be great if you could post a pic of your application of traction tape on the gap to assist with visualization; thanks.
This is the small gap. The guard goes up and over the painted sill to protect it - whereas most other guards do not. Have the traction tape down at my boat so just need to get it. But the times the tape will really help is getting back in with mud covered boots on FSRs. Pretty sure that little gap will fill up with grit over time.

Anyways here is a pic of the guard installed as tight as possible over the painted sill and the deep groove additional mat over the Mopar. So far this combo has worked perfectly for constant snow slush and rain accumulations. The Mopar is supposed to drain to below but we said forget that as some have complained the rubber seal once removed never seals as tight leading to rust. Am very happy with this to help protect the carpet and floor pan. Also added a pic of the mud after FSRs and rock crawling. Mud gets everywhere.

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Safety-Walk-Outdoor-180-Inch-7634NA/dp/B0006HVKLK

View attachment 281600

70E3B3D1-7A7E-497E-B9AB-DF487E58E816.png

DE124C55-F108-4C21-9784-AB58155A2A4C.png

0496E40B-0DFE-4007-9B30-0D1A152DD9EE.jpeg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score