Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@Roky I think I'm safe in that regard. I had them install fox 2.0 shocks for 2-3 inch lifts.
Ok..... wouldn’t hurt to stuff the wheel and see if your shock is bottoming out, if it is, then let tire down a 1/2” and measure the distance between the upper bump housing and the bump pad. That’s how much you should run. My guess is 2” would do it. But.... if you don’t wheel it that hard you can let it ride. It just pisses me off that these so called “shops” don’t know or don’t care about properly installing lifts, that includes cycling the suspension to check things out....... ok rants over......:computerrage:
Sponsored

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
Ok..... wouldn’t hurt to stuff the wheel and see if your shock is bottoming out, if it is, then let tire down a 1/2” and measure the distance between the upper bump housing and the bump pad. That’s how much you should run. My guess is 2” would do it. But.... if you don’t wheel it that hard you can let it ride.
Ok. Thanks again for the great advice!

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
@hoag4147 @Roky are the correction pads you posted the same pads that normally come in the RK kit? If so, I will ask the shop to order them AND insist they install them for free since it was their negligence that caused all of this. But if the correction pads are different than the pads in the kit, I may just order the correction pads on my dime and then insist they install them for free (again because this is due to their negligence).

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@hoag4147 @Roky are the correction pads you posted the same pads that normally come in the RK kit? If so, I will ask the shop to order them AND insist they install them for free since it was their negligence that caused all of this. But if the correction pads are different than the pads in the kit, I may just order the correction pads on my dime and then insist they install them for free (again because this is due to their negligence).
It’s the ones that come in the kit....... the taller rear passenger perch is RKs way of making the springs corner specific like the oem springs. The factory springs are corner specific to compensate for the added weight on the passenger side due to gas tank and batteries. Diesel and maybe 4xe being the exceptions. Besides that shop wouldn’t know the difference, just tell them what to order, from what I’m getting from that shop, they’d probably prefer it.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
It’s the ones that come in the kit....... the taller rear passenger perch is RKs way of making the springs corner specific like the oem springs. The factory springs are corner specific to compensate for the added weight on the passenger side due to gas tank and batteries. Diesel and maybe 4xe being the exceptions. Besides that shop wouldn’t know the difference, just tell them what to order, from what I’m getting from that shop, they’d probably prefer it.
Looks like RK may have changed the rear part number. Here is snapshots from their website. I know number @Roky provided also shows up, so not sure.

Jeep Wrangler JL Spring bowed on 2.5 inch RK lift Adventure Series 2 CCD74FB0-CCDE-4DE4-B11A-E02FCD9F0F7C
Jeep Wrangler JL Spring bowed on 2.5 inch RK lift Adventure Series 2 505E16A0-89A3-4409-B60E-723B04984B3D

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like RK may have changed the rear part number. Here is snapshots from their website. I know number @Roky provided also shows up, so not sure.

Jeep Wrangler JL Spring bowed on 2.5 inch RK lift Adventure Series 2 505E16A0-89A3-4409-B60E-723B04984B3D
🤷‍♂️....... I know that number I posted is the side specific ones.

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
@hoag4147 @Roky Glad you pointed that out. PN# RK06703K for the rear has at the bottom *For use with standard JL springs. So it makes sense that they look identical. I guess I need to give them the PN# for the side specific rear springs then.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, not trying to confuse things, but didn't see on their website. I would trust Roky on this one :)

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Isom ,

Here is copy of PDF for install in case you need to reference something with the shop.

Attachments

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@hoag4147 @Roky Glad you pointed that out. PN# RK06703K for the rear has at the bottom *For use with standard JL springs. So it makes sense that they look identical. I guess I need to give them the PN# for the side specific rear springs then.
That’s correct, the part # with the K at the end both sides are the same height.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
That’s correct, the part # with the K at the end both sides are the same height.
Good to know. Definitely do NOT want to install them.

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
Sure no worries, give em hell!
Well, I'm back, the shop is only about 10 minutes from my house. I didn't even have to give em Hell. The manager came out, I explained, he took pictures and said he doesn't see any reason they can't make this right for me. I gave him the PN#s and he said he'd make some calls and to expect a call back from him in about an hour with the follow up plan.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I'm back, the shop is only about 10 minutes from my house. I didn't even have to give em Hell. The manager came out, I explained, he took pictures and said he doesn't see any reason they can't make this right for me. I gave him the PN#s and he said he'd make some calls and to expect a call back from him in about an hour with the follow up plan.
Nice. Hopefully they can turn around quickly.
Sponsored