SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
Should have been included

Jeep Wrangler JL Spring bowed on 2.5 inch RK lift Adventure Series 2 85DDE780-6B84-49EE-AB7E-FE75F6440D8C
Ok, I think that's what I see underneath each spring in the picture from the website. Just to be clear so I don't sound like a noob when I go back to the shop, these are supposed to be on the bottom of the new springs? And if so, you're saying I still have my OEM isolators based on what you see in the pic?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I think that's what I see underneath each spring in the picture from the website. Just to be clear so I don't sound like a noob when I go back to the shop, these are supposed to be on the bottom of the new springs? And if so, you're saying I still have my OEM isolators based on what you see in the pic?
Yes on all questions. Should have new RK seats on all 4 springs. As @Roky pointed out you still have OEM on fronts. I would check rear as well. Not positive but believe rears are side specific for RK.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Front spring 'pads' are likely different than spring 'correction' pads. I had to use RK's spring correction pads to resolve my bowing issue.

I call them spring seats so pads, whatever, the things your springs sit in. Will it hurt anything with all that travel you have lol? Prob not...

Get your axle centered but that prob won't help.. its the seats.

Sponsored

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
@hoag4147 @Roky @Rodeoflyer thanks a lot for the great advice. Now I have to go to the shop and show my ass. Well, I won't show my ass but they need to make this right for me. Of course now, they'd have to order RK pad for me because I'm sure the ones from the kit are long gone.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@hoag4147 @Roky @Rodeoflyer thanks a lot for the great advice. Now I have to go to the shop and show my ass. Well, I won't show my ass but they need to make this right for me. Of course now, they'd have to order RK pad for me because I'm sure the ones from the kit are long gone.
Can you post pic of your rear spring perches ? Want to make sure you have the right ones on and also the rears are side specific. The taller one goes on the passenger side.

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
Can you post pic of your rear spring perches ? Want to make sure you have the right ones on and also the rears are side specific. The taller one goes on the passenger side.
Let me try to snap a shot. They don't seem as easy to take a pic of as the fronts.

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
It wasn't too difficult to take a pic of the rear passenger side, once I got underneath, I had a clear view of the perch. But the driver side was blocked by a huge bracket. I had to contort myself a bit to get under the wheel well to get a pic from an angle with a view unobstructed by the huge bracket. Is that normal? Here are the pics:

20210723_192621.jpg

20210723_192801.jpg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It wasn't too difficult to take a pic of the rear passenger side, once I got underneath, I had a clear view of the perch. But the driver side was blocked by a huge bracket. I had to contort myself a bit to get under the wheel well to get a pic from an angle with a view unobstructed by the huge bracket. Is that normal? Here are the pics:

20210723_192621.jpg

20210723_192801.jpg
That’s what I was afraid of, they didn’t put on the RK perches on the front or the rear . Either they didn’t come with the kit, or they just didn’t use them . The RK springs are not side specific like your oem was so you need that taller isolator on passenger side to help with the side to side lean.

Sponsored

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
That’s what I was afraid of, they didn’t put on the RK perches on the front or the rear . Either they didn’t come with the kit, or they just didn’t use them . The RK springs are not side specific like your oem was so you need that taller isolator on passenger side to help with the side to side lean.
@Roky thanks again. I remember when I called the shop to get a early status on their progress and I remember the manager telling me that they had laid all the parts out to make sure everything was accounted for. So if the perches were missing, they had an opportunity to tell me. My guess is they were there, they didn't read the instructions or just didn't care and didn't install them. Oh well, looks like they'll just have to make it right. I plan to visit the shop tomorrow.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@Roky thanks again. I remember when I called the shop to get a early status on their progress and I remember the manager telling me that they had laid all the parts out to make sure everything was accounted for. So if the perches were missing, they had an opportunity to tell me. My guess is they were there, they didn't read the instructions or just didn't care and didn't install them. Oh well, looks like they'll just have to make it right. I plan to visit the shop tomorrow.
Your welcome...... it’s a pain to deal with but they should at the very least install for free, even if they won’t purchase them, if they deny they were there. Just remember the fronts are the same , but the rears are side specific, taller one on passenger side. The rear part number is RK06840 and the front part number is RK06705K.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Look at pics I included above. That is what they should look like under your springs. :facepalm: They definitely didn’t install.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@SouthernJL , what shocks are you running with your lift ? I noticed that you’re not running any bump stop extension either. It’s not necessarily a bad thing depending on how you’re using your rig. This is not on the shop, the kit doesn’t come with bumpstop.

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
@SouthernJL , what shocks are you running with your lift ? I noticed that you’re not running any bump stop extension either. It’s not necessarily a bad thing depending on how you’re using your rig. This is not on the shop, the kit doesn’t come with bumpstop.
@Roky I think I'm safe in that regard. I had them install fox 2.0 shocks for 2-3 inch lifts.
Sponsored