Spring bowed on 2.5 inch RK lift Adventure Series 2

bopanda94

First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2019
A shop installed RK 2.5 inch lift Adventure 2 with fixed front lower control arm and adjustable rear upper control arm.
After bringing 3 times to fix it, only the driver side spring is straight, both rear springs and passenger side stay lower and bowed.
I asked someone in forum that have the same kit and then they said their spring aren't bowed.
Any advice to fix it.

IMG_2140.JPG

IMG_2390.JPG

IMG_2391.JPG
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
A shop installed RK 2.5 inch lift Adventure 2 with fixed front lower control arm and adjustable rear upper control arm.
After bringing 3 times to fix it, only the driver side spring is straight, both rear springs and passenger side stay lower and bowed.
I asked someone in forum that have the same kit and then they said their spring aren't bowed.
Any advice to fix it.

IMG_2140.JPG

IMG_2390.JPG

IMG_2391.JPG
Not positive by pics but looks like they didn’t reinstall top spring seat on rear springs 🤔

keep looking at pics and can’t really tell

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
bopanda94

bopanda94

First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not positive by pics but looks like they didn’t reinstall top spring seat on rear springs 🤔

keep looking at pics and can’t really tell
They reinstall it already. I checked it and saw it.
But no idea to fix it. I need the front stay looking even both driver and passenger side.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
But no idea to fix it. I need the front stay looking even both driver and passenger side.
So not that on rear. Leaning to incorrect setting to UCAs. @Roky will definitely have better ideas than me since has touched many RK lifts.
May want to verify front passenger top seat is sitting proper and you can see the knob sticking up.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
So not that on rear. Leaning to incorrect setting to UCAs. @Roky will definitely have better ideas than me since has touched many RK lifts.
May want to verify front passenger top seat is sitting proper and you can see the knob sticking up.
The problem in the front definitely looks to be at the top of the spring. The rears I'm betting on what you said about the CA's being misadjusted.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
The problem in the front definitely looks to be at the top of the spring. The rears I'm betting on what you said about the CA's being misadjusted.
The whisperer should be here soon. Probably eating dinner LOL

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Check to make sure that the front axle is centered. Measure from upper coil housing to outside of tire on both sides. Also I see you have adjustable sway bar links, make sure they are the same length on both sides. For the rear springs, as hoag said, looks like they extended the upper arms to far.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bopanda94

bopanda94

First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check to make sure that the front axle is centered. Measure from upper coil housing to outside of tire on both sides. Also I see you have adjustable sway bar links, make sure they are the same length on both sides. For the rear springs, as hoag said, looks like they extended the upper arms to far.
I just measured and the driver side is shifted ~1/2 inch. So, I need to make track bar shorter a bit to make it center?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I just measured and the driver side is shifted ~1/2 inch. So, I need to make track bar shorter a bit to make it center?
Opposite man. Make longer if shifting the front axle to passenger side

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Need to lengthen the track bar if drivers side is sticking out farther, shorten if passenger side is out farther. Not sure which way you’re saying it shifted.

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Odd that the shop couldn’t figure out that bow. Few quick measurements and adjustments will solve that slight bow
Shop probably just went by the starting measurements but never properly aligned after the lift was on and settled. Every Jeep is slightly different and may need a tweak here and there
Can you get a picture of the rear pinion (driveshaft to rear differential) angle? Curious to see how high it’s sitting