Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I installed some accutune lift springs this weekend and the passenger side is bowing due to the index being 90 degrees off with the stock JL isolators. Are aftermarket spring relocation pads available to alleviate this? The accutune logo on the driver side is facing forward and the logo is facing rearward passenger side.

I think I just answered my own question.. I ordered some RK 'aftermarket' type spring correction pads back on the 11th and they've yet to arrive so I went ahead and installed the lift. Should have waited for those (4wheel parts had them manufacturer direct shipped and likely backordered).... should be here in a week or two and correct the passenger side bow. I would have installed those with the springs if they'd arrived on time.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I installed some accutune lift springs this weekend and the passenger side is bowing due to the index being 90 degrees off with the stock JL isolators. Are aftermarket spring relocation pads available to alleviate this? The accutune logo on the driver side is facing forward and the logo is facing rearward passenger side.

I think I just answered my own question.. I ordered some RK 'aftermarket' type spring correction pads back on the 11th and they've yet to arrive so I went ahead and installed the lift. Should have waited for those (4wheel parts had them manufacturer direct shipped and likely backordered).... should be here in a week or two and correct the passenger side bow. I would have installed those with the springs if they'd arrived on time.
Since you're covered there, the one thing I can suggest is to go through Northridge 4x4 from now on. I used 4wp once, and waited forever for a somewhat newly released part that turned out to be in stock at Northridge for weeks before I saw mine. If they don't have it in stock, they say so and give pretty damn spot on ETA's.

OP
OP
Rodeoflyer

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I typically order all my stuff from northridge (love those guys) or manufacturer direct... not sure what I was thinking the night I ordered from 4WP. They were more of an afterthought just in case I needed to use them. I'm a bit miffed accutune didn't say they're required (or at least suggested) in our multiple phone conversations.

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon

The logos on the springs are not specific to a certain side. Can you confirm both upper and lower spring perches are seating properly and the axle is centered?

OP
OP
Rodeoflyer

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The logos on the springs are not specific to a certain side. Can you confirm both upper and lower spring perches are seating properly and the axle is centered?
The springs are seated properly and the axle is centered. I took it to a local shop and they were mystified as to what the problem was as well.

Attached some pics.

Jeep Wrangler JL Spring bow/index JLUR 2.5'' lift 63313285240--59994409-576E-4E0A-B36D-8229F5F7C3EC

63313374082--90A07579-AB88-4654-9D7F-D5349A47D454.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rodeoflyer

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Rodeoflyer

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well.. the RK 'aftermarket' pads totally corrected it. The springs are flat on the new seats (unlike the factory ones) and it's perfect now.

Jeep Wrangler JL Spring bow/index JLUR 2.5'' lift IMG-3878

Jeep Wrangler JL Spring bow/index JLUR 2.5'' lift IMG-3880

Jeep Wrangler JL Spring bow/index JLUR 2.5'' lift IMG-3881

Jeep Wrangler JL Spring bow/index JLUR 2.5'' lift IMG-3884.PNG

IMG-3885.PNG

IMG-3886.PNG

IMG-3887.PNG

OP
OP
Rodeoflyer

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good, rides much better than stock now. Nice and firm, much less head toss. Love the accutune springs and they match really well with the Fox 2.0 shocks. If my covid delayed front endlinks would ever arrive I'll be gtg.

Jeep Wrangler JL Spring bow/index JLUR 2.5'' lift IMG-3843.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Spring bow/index JLUR 2.5'' lift IMG-3844.JPG
Sponsored