Sponsored

Spring bow fix (new perch) for Mopar JL lift kit is in!

Skye

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Nuclear FSE
Picked up this new spring perch today. Ordered it from the dealer yesterday. $12. Part number 68427380AA

Compared it to the three new JLs on the lot with the mopar lift and is definitely different.

20180530_081640.jpg
20180530_081701.jpg
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Do they come as a pair or singles? You shouldn’t have to pay anything for it IMO, it’s a revised part to fix a faulty one you already paid for. But whatever Mopar...

OP
OP
Skye

Skye

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Nuclear FSE
Do they come as a pair or singles? You shouldn’t have to pay anything for it IMO, it’s a revised part to fix a faulty one you already paid for. But whatever Mopar...
I bet if I had the lift installed and it met the criteria for the TSB it would have been free.
I'm getting it installed Friday at a non-dealer installer and just wanted it installed first time to eliminate the possibility of issues.

It's a single to correct the effected driver side.

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 5SPDMT Black 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan 6SPDAT
Vehicle Showcase
Any word on whether the new kits will already have the upgraded part? I'm looking to order the Mopar lift this week. I was just waiting on a fix for the bowing.

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Granite, 15 JKS 2DR, F80 M3
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
Any word on whether the new kits will already have the upgraded part? I'm looking to order the Mopar lift this week. I was just waiting on a fix for the bowing.
All kits produced after May 1st will have the new perch.

Sponsored

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 5SPDMT Black 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan 6SPDAT
Vehicle Showcase

Schrodinger

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up this new spring perch today. Ordered it from the dealer yesterday. $12. Part number 68427380AA

Compared it to the three new JLs on the lot with the mopar lift and is definitely different.

20180530_081640.jpg
20180530_081701.jpg
How did you put on your new purch? Looking at it, seems like I could use a spring compressor, and just switch them out no tools needed?

Looked on YouTube and nothing

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Yeah, I tried making that argument at the dealership and they explained that this kit has no warranty unless they installed it. While we both knew that was complete bullshit, I wasn't going to waste my time fighting with them over the principle of a part that cost $12. Jeep is defending this ridiculous spring bow with a religious level of righteousness as some sort of amazing feat of engineering, but even the dealerships know that's bullshit, too.

How did you put on your new purch? Looking at it, seems like I could use a spring compressor, and just switch them out no tools needed?

Looked on YouTube and nothing
I just unbolted my driver's side front shock from the axle and dropped that side enough to yank out the spring. It look less than 15 minutes.

JD Flick

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Algorithmic Trading Strategies
I got this part from my local dealership. They actually gave me the part for free after filing a Mopar warrantee claim, but refused to put it on for free. They wanted to charge me 2 hour of labor... *facepalm*.

I'm going to try it myself or have 4WheelParts do it in about a week, then I'll post pictures to see if it straightens the spring out.

JD Flick

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Has anyone confirmed this straightens out the spring? It looks so simliar to the old one, I can't see how it would make a difference.

I have to wait until the 14th to try it.

Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I have heard from forum members that it has worked for some and some that it still did not fix the problem, so it’s hit or miss. I think it’s a waste of time to try when there is a more solid fix in using the RockKrawler correction pad.
Even if the Mopar fix did slightly fix the problem, how long is it going to last before that pad fails and collapses because of the weak material used.

For me, I went with the RockKrawler fix, because I too, thought the redesign from Mopar was not significant enough. Also, the material they used looks to be the same as well, so I just scrapped that whole idea and I am glad I did. I can confirm the RockKrawler pad works. For $30, I should have done this sooner.

JD Flick

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
I ordered both the Rock Krawler and the Mopar fix, since they're so cheap. The Mopar one came the next day. Rock Krawler said it could take up to a month to ship. I'm just going to have my dealership put on the Mopar one this week.

I'm so bummed out and pissed off by this issue. My spring is so bent up against the stop, I cannot go off road, or even over a speed bump without a terrible noise.

2018 Jeep with 1500 miles. Crippled. By an official Jeep part.

I really hope either of these pads works. If not I'm going to raise hell until Mopar gives me a refund, then buy another aftermarket lift.

Ok, done venting.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
A month to ship?! They are a sponsor here on the forum... have you contacted them directly? I messaged them here and called them and got their pads to me in 5days and that was last week.

JD Flick

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Thanks. Their website initially linked me to Northridge 4x4, which had the 28 day delay.

I called and ordered it from them directly.

*fingers crossed*
Sponsored