First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
I rarely see any new JLs on the road. I thought by the time I got mine they would be everywhere, but that has not been the case. Strangely today I saw three others on my way into work. But this one was the most unique. This was north of Detroit, near FCA HQ, but not wearing a manufacturer plate. It had a normal plate, and even had a M-22 Sticker on it (Michiganders will understand).

It was a Rubicon, White, with a power retractable soft-top. Sorry for the slightly blurry picture, morning rush hour is difficult to get a clear shot. So are they being sold already?

IMG_4865.JPG
Sponsored

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Wow, very cool. If you are following the retractable power top thread you'll see FCA keeps delaying the ordering of it.....let alone actual delivery of it. This is very interesting, must be someone plugged in that they are using to test it......has to be.

Anyway, great spot, very good eyes. From first glance it looks like a standard color matched hard top until you really stare at it.

OP
OP
MacombRoger

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Anyway, great spot, very good eyes. From first glance it looks like a standard color matched hard top until you really stare at it.
Before I could get my camera out, I was higher than it and could see the top, it was closed... Wuss! :)

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
looks good from that angle, but I still don't like they way they look with the window panels taken out.

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looks good from that angle, but I still don't like they way they look with the window panels taken out.
Agreed, and with the doors off? Fugly. However, I love the idea of it, I only wish the rear window woulld come out too, it would make that side look a bit more palatable.

Sponsored

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
I rarely see any new JLs on the road. I thought by the time I got mine they would be everywhere, but that has not been the case. Strangely today I saw three others on my way into work. But this one was the most unique. This was north of Detroit, near FCA HQ, but not wearing a manufacturer plate. It had a normal plate, and even had a M-22 Sticker on it (Michiganders will understand).

It was a Rubicon, White, with a power retractable soft-top. Sorry for the slightly blurry picture, morning rush hour is difficult to get a clear shot. So are they being sold already?
My in-laws live on M-22 and my wife's friends are the ones that sell all that M-22 Merchandise :like:

OP
OP
MacombRoger

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Guys, are we just way behind on this board? On the way home, same area, Black Sahara with the power top, this time open. Sorry again for the blurry picture, my old iPhone 5s and me trying to manage rush hour traffic at the same time is difficult for me. Private license plate too.
IMG_4870.JPG

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I haven't any in the wild, but it looks pretty similar just driving by...good eyes!

There was a JLU behind me in traffic yesterday though!

thholr

First Name
Thorsten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I saw it at the NY auto show and really like the idea. The rear window not being removeable stinks, but more than that , the $4000 price tag will keep me from buying it . When it comes down to a more reasonable 2000 I am in.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
I saw it at the NY auto show and really like the idea. The rear window not being removeable stinks, but more than that , the $4000 price tag will keep me from buying it . When it comes down to a more reasonable 2000 I am in.
It probably won't. It's $2200 just to get dual top group. They're gonna want a premium above that.

The biggest sin to that thing with me is the fixed rear window. I'd rather they have just tried to make a full, real optional power soft top.

Sponsored

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It probably won't. It's $2200 just to get dual top group. They're gonna want a premium above that.

The biggest sin to that thing with me is the fixed rear window. I'd rather they have just tried to make a full, real optional power soft top.
Yup, had that rear window come out? Game changer.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
Yup, had that rear window come out? Game changer.
I bet some fine aftermarket group will offer an alternative, easily removeable, rear window

Ike582

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Granite Crystal

IMG_4865.JPG
Without seeing the top retracted, what's the visual giveaway from the side of the JL that this is a power retractable top?

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Without seeing the top retracted, what's the visual giveaway from the side of the JL that this is a power retractable top?
The lack of freedom panel joints along the roofline is the dead giveaway and the most obvious. The other is the slightly different shape of the roof if you really stare at it and the verticle joint between the rear most portion of the rear window and the back of the top. This joint is there because the windows pop out.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
The lack of freedom panel joints along the roofline is the dead giveaway. The other is the slightly different shape of the roof if you really stare at it.
In addition to Kadonny's comments, you'll also note the removable rear window panels have a distinct outline.
Sponsored