Sponsored

Spotted 2 JL and a JT EcoDiesel testing in Moab

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I’d love to know what that ridiculous fluid line under the DEF tank is for. Clearly not part of the production spec given prior images of the 3.0 and haphazard temporary attachment, but they’re certainly asking for it to be crushed if they were doing any serious wheeling in Moab.

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
Really hoping the eco diesel debutes at sema or the LA auto show. Ya know, since we can't get a cummins.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
God I wish that I had that job. Testing out new vehicles would be amazing.
The Engineers and Accountants probably take all the fun out of their job.

Sponsored

leanxormean_stack

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Occupation
Software Eng.
Well. The RAM 1500 including the Rebel is now out with EcoDiesel. How much harder is it to get the JL to pass same bar to make it in production?

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Well. The RAM 1500 including the Rebel is now out with EcoDiesel. How much harder is it to get the JL to pass same bar to make it in production?
The ram also has the 3.6 BSG and that will not be offered on a Rubicon or sport. My guess is that the packaging and usage is very much different between the other vehicles and the wrangler. Trying to keep it reliable and tough enough for a wrangler to be trail rated probably is part of the issue.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 3.0 ED 1500 has not been EPA/CARB certified yet so not sure what you mean by “now out”. They’re no more out than the JLUs.

Last edited:

wrangler-rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
That hose as someone already mentioned is probably for DEF fluid and hopefully only a temp prototype solution. Either that or Jeep has fully embraced the culture and making it easier for people to DELETE the DEF/DPMF etc.... :) I know I'd be working on that almost straight away if it were me with a diesel. I could almost see it already, insert TAZER, disable Regen, disable DPF filter check, disable DEF fluid check, insert new Catback exhaust, change the "pee" tank into a pressurized water source. Enjoy a ridiculously powerful, efficient, (hopefully) longer life engine.

Sponsored

SnowDog

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Employee: Boss, we need to do "vibration testing."
Boss: There's a dirt road about 2 miles away that's got a really bad washboard thing going on.
Employee: Boss, I meant "slick rock testing" so we have to go to Moab.
Boss: Ok, have fun.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That hose as someone already mentioned is probably for DEF fluid and hopefully only a temp prototype solution. Either that or Jeep has fully embraced the culture and making it easier for people to DELETE the DEF/DPMF etc.... :) I know I'd be working on that almost straight away if it were me with a diesel. I could almost see it already, insert TAZER, disable Regen, disable DPF filter check, disable DEF fluid check, insert new Catback exhaust, change the "pee" tank into a pressurized water source. Enjoy a ridiculously powerful, efficient, (hopefully) longer life engine.
I’m thinking the DEF tank will be converted to an auxiliary fuel tank quite often...assuming it isn’t cutting into the departure angle and getting whacked by rocks all the time as some suspect.

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
Definitely aux fuel tank.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Definitely aux fuel tank.
It would definitely be nice to wire up a small transfer pump to one of the Aux switches on the dash and watch the looks on people’s faces when you fill the DEF tank with diesel.
Sponsored