Sponsored

Sport with Rubicon suspension and leveling kit.

Iwantfullauto

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Hey, so after going through a bunch of these threads I was thinking about getting some Rubicon take off suspension parts (springs and shocks) along with the mopar lower control arms. I am pretty much sold on the idea as I would be able to buy the parts and have them installed for around $500.00. If I understand correctly this should give me around 1.5in lift over my stock sport suspension. I figured the all mopar parts I might not have too much trouble out of the dealer over warranty issues.

So I thought as long as this is being done maybe I should have a leveling kit installed as well. I figured it would help with the extra weight of the Smittybilt bumber and the eventual winch that will be added.

Is this a good idea? I want to run 35s on 17in aftermarket wheels.

What is a good leveling kit considering my plans?

Will the leveling kit mess up the handling/ride?

Would I be better off doing just the Rubicon suspension parts?

Should I include the mopar lca?

I would probably get a 2in lift kit later on, but that would probably be a few years away.

Thanks

James
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
My personal thoughts -

The Rubi suspension is a nice little upgrade (I have it on my Sport S). It won't let you run 35s. You can do it on the Rubicon because of the high fenders.

If you want 35s along with the extra weight on the bumpers, I would get a full lift. Doesn't have to be Mopar if price is a barrier.

OP
OP

Iwantfullauto

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks
My personal thoughts -

The Rubi suspension is a nice little upgrade (I have it on my Sport S). It won't let you run 35s. You can do it on the Rubicon because of the high fenders.

If you want 35s along with the extra weight on the bumpers, I would get a full lift. Doesn't have to be Mopar if price is a barrier.
Thanks, I will probably be doing something with the fenders too. Either Rubicon fenders, or some type of aftermarket flat fenders.

Thanks

James

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
If you go for 1.5ā€ teraflex spacers you likely can get away with 35s

CJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am actually picking up a rubi suspension tomorrow for $100 with the LCAs. I am told that the LCAs are the same for the rubis. However, I have also heard extended LCAs improve the alignment and reduce the chance of death wobble. I will be doing the work myself as it is relatively simple.

Sponsored

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
I am actually picking up a rubi suspension tomorrow for $100 with the LCAs. I am told that the LCAs are the same for the rubis. However, I have also heard extended LCAs improve the alignment and reduce the chance of death wobble. I will be doing the work myself as it is relatively simple.
Rubicon/Sport/Sahara LCAs are the exactly the same part so if you want the extended ones, you will need to order them separately. Add another ~$60 for both LCAs.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/mopar-lca-swap.22474/

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have a rubicon suspension on my Sport and I used the Teraflex leveling kit:
https://www.extremeterrain.com/tera...-load-leveling-kit-1155150-jeep-wrangler.html

I got just under 2ā€ of lift and I wheel on 33ā€™s with Quadratic ā€˜41 aftermarket wheels with no rubbing. I couldnā€™t fit 35s. When I go to 35s Iā€™ll get a 2ā€ lift.

I also used the MOPAR longer LCAs, and it does make the steering track better.