Sport with Rubi swap tire size question

NCBound

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
I have a JLUS with a rubi suspension swap. Looking at snagging new tires to go on the stock rims. I know this question has been asked before, but I have creeped the forum a good bit and want to get a definitive answer. I am looking at going with 285's but would love to fit 315's. Would I need additional lift to keep from tearing my sport fenders off flexing on trails with the 315's?
Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I have a JLUS with a rubi suspension swap. Looking at snagging new tires to go on the stock rims. I know this question has been asked before, but I have creeped the forum a good bit and want to get a definitive answer. I am looking at going with 285's but would love to fit 315's. Would I need additional lift to keep from tearing my sport fenders off flexing on trails with the 315's?
absolutely you will.

here's my Sport on Rubi suspension with Rubi high clearance fenders on 315s. (basically about 3.5" more clearance than stock sport suspension/fenders)

A212D8FB-2ECB-4C27-B806-E4CD3EF8304E.jpeg

C80C7C26-5FFF-4586-99E9-F8DC65EAEC49.jpeg

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

315s will work on the street i believe. and on light trails if you leave your sway bar connected possibly.

what i have is the minimum if you plan to flex. i had stock rubi suspension for a while and my stock rub 33s were right at my stock sport fenders. i really wanted 35s but knew i had to raise it more or get the rubi fenders.

i plan to add spacer lift for now as i still get high centered some times.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

you could also do a spacer lift with stock rubi suspension and stock sport fenders. the stock rubi suspension and spacer lift are both pretty cheap.

rubi fenders can be hard to come by used. $500 or so new. i believe rubi fenders and a spacer lift on stock sport suspension may also do the trick.

OP
OP
NCBound

NCBound

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
absolutely you will.

here's my Sport on Rubi suspension with Rubi high clearance fenders on 315s. (basically about 3.5" more clearance than stock sport suspension/fenders)
How is your back spacing? any rubbing? Looking at your pics with rubi fenders, im thinking about tossing a 2" lift on and fitting the 315's that way

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

How is your back spacing? any rubbing? Looking at your pics with rubi fenders, im thinking about tossing a 2" lift on and fitting the 315's that way
im running 17x9s with 4.5" backspacing. if i were to run stock wheels id have to run spacers. no rubbing currently even at full articulation as shown. no evidence of rubbing anyways and never feel any. the rub fenders are wider than sport fenders. i put the stock rubi wheels on with the rubi fenders and they looked sucked in. this because the rubis have wider axles, so the wheels sit flush on them.
Sponsored