Mr. Beef Chief

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
How does it drive? The 8 speed is awesome and should make a 37 very workable
The lift and shocks are amazing. It drives just as smooth if not smoother than stock which is amazing. I hit all gears except 8th unless I'm traveling down hill which is pretty much exactly how it performed with 33s.

I haven't regeared yet but will be doing so in the near future. I take it wheeling at least 1-2 times a month so I'll need that off road performance.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rcr1340

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
The lift and shocks are amazing. It drives just as smooth if not smoother than stock which is amazing. I hit all gears except 8th unless I'm traveling down hill which is pretty much exactly how it performed with 33s.

I haven't regeared yet but will be doing so in the near future. I take it wheeling at least 1-2 times a month so I'll need that off road performance.
Great looking Jeep. I will probably go with 4.88's and put a Torq locker in the front. I think that will work good with factory LSD

Birdman

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL
- Terafelx 4.5" Lift w/ Falcon 3.3 Piggyback Shocks
- Upgraded from Patagonia Milestar 33s to 37s (measured out they sit at 36")

Before:
IMG_7751.jpg

After:
IMG_7752.jpg

IMG_7759.jpg
IMG_7834.jpg
IMG_7841.jpg
How do the 3.3 shocks ride. I’m thinking of getting them as I’m told on soft setting I will get a softer on road ride correct?

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
Did you install the rear falcon shocks upside down? I though teraflex recommended them to be installed with the body and res on the bottom? This is one of the reasons I hadnt considered them. @Mr. Beef Chief

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
Did you install the rear falcon shocks upside down? I though teraflex recommended them to be installed with the body and res on the bottom? This is one of the reasons I hadnt considered them. @Mr. Beef Chief
Due to popular demand and the outboard design on the JL, we mounted them body up and designed a roost guard to protect the shaft from debris. The JK is still mounted body down to provide protection from damage to the shocks shaft. The body can take a serious beating, and the shock will not fail, but very minor damage to the shaft will tear up the shock internals and the shock will leak.

Sponsored

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
Due to popular demand and the outboard design on the JL, we mounted them body up and designed a roost guard to protect the shaft from debris. The JK is still mounted body down to provide protection from damage to the shocks shaft. The body can take a serious beating, and the shock will not fail, but very minor damage to the shaft will tear up the shock internals and the shock will leak.
I feel like there is great opportunity for Dennis to make a good video on this lol. Nice that you all are taking and responding to feedback! :clap::like:

Mr. Beef Chief

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
How do the 3.3 shocks ride. I’m thinking of getting them as I’m told on soft setting I will get a softer on road ride correct?
Honestly I'm still experimenting with the soft-hard options. I've been riding with them on the max "hard" setting as the majority of my daily commute is highway. I've been noticing a bit of prolonged bouncing after I hit a bump. Not sure if softening the shocks will help but I will switch to soft for a few days then put it in the middle. I'll follow up with you afterwards with the results.

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
Honestly I'm still experimenting with the soft-hard options. I've been riding with them on the max "hard" setting as the majority of my daily commute is highway. I've been noticing a bit of prolonged bouncing after I hit a bump. Not sure if softening the shocks will help but I will switch to soft for a few days then put it in the middle. I'll follow up with you afterwards with the results.
Good call. It all comes down to preference. When I have driven the JL's with 3.3 shocks, the 1 setting is a little too soft for my taste. I like the steering wheel confidence and feedback a little better. Setting 3 is way too uncomfortable for me. In setting 2 with the micro knob on 3, the on road characteristics are perfect for my driving style. Keep in mind that tire pressure, and load range will change the feel. I ran BFG KO2 37's with a load range of C at 25 pounds for that. It was great.

Mr. Beef Chief

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Good call. It all comes down to preference. When I have driven the JL's with 3.3 shocks, the 1 setting is a little too soft for my taste. I like the steering wheel confidence and feedback a little better. Setting 3 is way too uncomfortable for me. In setting 2 with the micro knob on 3, the on road characteristics are perfect for my driving style. Keep in mind that tire pressure, and load range will change the feel. I ran BFG KO2 37's with a load range of C at 25 pounds for that. It was great.
Thanks for the input! I have now tried all options and found that 2/3 is a great fit for me as well. It handles my 37's perfectly with not too much bounce or stiffness for my daily highway commute. Also, I installed the 2.2 Fast Adjust steering stabilizer over the weekend. Driving with it on firm is just what I needed for the windy days and long commutes. So far I'm very pleased with all Teraflex products. :fist bump:

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
Thanks for the input! I have now tried all options and found that 2/3 is a great fit for me as well. It handles my 37's perfectly with not too much bounce or stiffness for my daily highway commute. Also, I installed the 2.2 Fast Adjust steering stabilizer over the weekend. Driving with it on firm is just what I needed for the windy days and long commutes. So far I'm very pleased with all Teraflex products. :fist bump:
We wanted to rush to be the first company with JL product as much as anyone else did. However, when we started seeing problems with the traditional JK approach, we stopped what we were doing. The JL is such a higher caliber of vehicle from the engineering to the technology. We needed to step our game up to provide an equally advanced technical and engineered line of products for the JL. We couldn't be more pleased with our execution, and this is just the beginning. Wait till you feel these new brakes, CT kits and long arm kits. You will not be disappointed.

Sponsored

Mr. Beef Chief

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
We wanted to rush to be the first company with JL product as much as anyone else did. However, when we started seeing problems with the traditional JK approach, we stopped what we were doing. The JL is such a higher caliber of vehicle from the engineering to the technology. We needed to step our game up to provide an equally advanced technical and engineered line of products for the JL. We couldn't be more pleased with our execution, and this is just the beginning. Wait till you feel these new brakes, CT kits and long arm kits. You will not be disappointed.
Look forward to seeing what you guys have in store for us!

OP
OP
rcr1340

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
The Dana/Spicer Ultimate 44 is looking pretty sweet for the front. Has anyone seen and rear locker for the M220 besides ARB? Mine has factory LSD for now.

Mr. Beef Chief

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
The Dana/Spicer Ultimate 44 is looking pretty sweet for the front. Has anyone seen and rear locker for the M220 besides ARB? Mine has factory LSD for now.
Can't go wrong with the 44s up front. Are you running the M220s on a Sport?
Sponsored