Sport S with upgraded LED Tail light...

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
A little confused. I did get the upgrade LED tail light with the Safety group. I wanted to change the turn signals to LED also and bought some from Diode Dynamics. The Fogs were perfect the front turns with the resistor are awesome but when I took the rear tail light housing off the wrangler it seems as though it is a sealed unit. Am I missing something. And if a tail light goes out do I need to buy the entire housing? Thanks.
Sponsored

thewolfman2010

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (JL)
As far as I know, the LED tails do not have easily replaceable bulbs... but LED lights have a lifespan of approx. 50,000 hours sooo you shouldn't be needing to replace them any time soon.

OP
OP

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I had anticipated that there were different bulbs for the backup and turn signals. I was wrong....Diode dynamics has been a great supplier and is taking the rear turn signal back.

Hailchaser

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I made the same mistake it appears. I was really wanting brighter backup light out of my stock rear LED tail lights. I purchased the replacement LED bulb from Diode Dynamics also but discovered that the rear tail lights are sealed units if you have the LED light safety group option. Bummer! The reverse backup lights are pathetic!

XJ-99

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (sold), 2010 Toyota RAV4v6 Limited (sold), 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Mojito!