Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

im starting to see quite a few more JLs around my area. making me feel less special lol

spotted this beauty in the wild and it caught my eye. snapped a pic to show the wife. figured i might as well share it here as well. the 35s look right at home on the JL.

this one is sporting 35" KO2 with Fox shocks. not sure on the lift specs

IMG_0358.jpg
Sponsored

Kbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU
im starting to see quite a few more JLs around my area. making me feel less special lol

spotted this beauty in the wild and it caught my eye. snapped a pic to show the wife. figured i might as well share it here as well. the 35s look right at home on the JL.

IMG_0358.jpg
Looks good!

You might see my wife's in the SFV soon...we're out in Simi but in the Valley a fair amount.
I've got a 2.5" lift, 285/75/17 (~34") Falkens, and can't find a wheel I like so am planning on running the stock sport wheels for a while.

Actually had the wheel off today doing some measuring to see what the smallest wheel spacer is that will fit inside the stock wheel casting if I need to go that route. I'm looking to keep the wheels as tucked in as possible to keep rocks and crap off the sides but still get full articulation with no rubbing.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door

IMG_0358.jpg
Just posted this in another thread and thought it was related and may be helpful. I daily drive and wknd warrior my jlus 6 speed with added rubi takeoff suspension/wheels/tires and got a 1.75' lift and the ko2 285/70/17 tires havent rubbed offroad. Gas mileage and gearing has obviously been affected.(2-3mpg loss and barely use 6th gear on hwy) How is 3.45 gearing handling 35" tires? I would definitely feel the need to regear to 4.10 or 4.56 going to 35" tires as I only have pull in 6th gear with 33" rubi tires when going 75mph on flat or downhill highways.

Do you offroad at all? I've read alot about folks cautioning sport owners with d30 axles and adding 35" tires to be careful offroad bc of pushing the strength limits of the axles and gearing. I'm actually talking with a dealer now about taking a $10k hit and trading for a rubi to get wider/stronger d44 axles, lockers and 4.10 gearing all under warranty. :cwl: Very tough pill to swallow and prob wont do it. If not, I'll drive these 33's and wait for more locker options to come out and go to 315/70/17 ko2 class c or 285/75/70 nitto ridge grappler class c and add lockers/regear at that time. I really wish I went with the rubi with lockers originally or atleast d44 limited slip rear.:headbang: After getting stuffed on few climbs and watching lockers in action, they are an absolute gamechanger offroad.:rock::flag::jk:
Current setup:
MNybomp.jpg
5QRDU4m.jpg

OP
OP
Pig-Pen

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

thats not my jeep lol. just spotted it on the street while driving around for work.

i have a base JLUS on rubi 33s. i got the anti-slip package which came with the D44 rear.

if i went with 35s, it would probably be for off road trips. not dd. the hit from 33s was enough already. feeling a little more sluggish. unless i were to regear some day.

Millerka33

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
2.5” skyjacker with black max shocks. 315/70/17 Duratracs. Need to add spacers, the rear wheels are dangerously close to a brake line and a bolt head, due to sway bar extension. Front is fine without spacer. Will add 1.5” synergy soon.

9A97A8A2-BB4D-46DB-B458-4B93DBA59CE3.jpeg

Sponsored

Mark7411

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
2.5” skyjacker with black max shocks. 315/70/17 Duratracs. Need to add spacers, the rear wheels are dangerously close to a brake line and a bolt head, due to sway bar extension. Front is fine without spacer. Will add 1.5” synergy soon.

How are those shocks. Was thinking about adding them. I have a spacer lift now with stock shocks. I was hoping these were better.

Stolar13

First Name
Łukasz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport S 3,6 - 2dr

Hello what wheels are you have? Is it 17x7,5 stock version?
Sponsored