Sport S vs Rubicon suspension

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
I have a sport s and the cloth seats feel real nice. It doesn't feel cheap at all.
Cool. Good to hear. When you were shopping for your Jeep, did you test drive a Rubicon in addition to Sport S? Or did you only drive a Sport S?
Sponsored

Sunin-Retired

First Name
Sunin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Rubi on order, 2013 Prius c, 1999 10th Anniversary Miata
So between the Rubicon and Sport S, will one drive better/smoother on the highway? Will one be a noticeabely nicer ride? I'm still deciding between a Sports S and Rubicon for a daily driver. If one's a nicer ride on pavement, that may tip the scales. I really won't be off-roading at all.
Capability differences are pretty vast between rubi and sport.

OP
OP

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
Cool. Good to hear. When you were shopping for your Jeep, did you test drive a Rubicon in addition to Sport S? Or did you only drive a Sport S?
Didnt even test drive a Rubicon. I figure if I did, I'd buy it for the name only. I'll never take this baby offroad. I'm modding to my preference and putting what I want on it.

If i thought it felt cheap inside, I'd have never bought it. Plus leather gets hot with top off! Made that mistake with my last one.

Sponsored

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Didnt even test drive a Rubicon. I figure if I did, I'd buy it for the name only. I'll never take this baby offroad. I'm modding to my preference and putting what I want on it.

If i thought it felt cheap inside, I'd have never bought it. Plus leather gets hot with top off! Made that mistake with my last one.
I hear ya. I'm in the same boat as you -- if I decide I don't want to pay the extra money for the Rubicon, I won't even get in it... because then I'll be tempted to buy it!

OP
OP

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
I hear ya. I'm in the same boat as you -- if I decide I don't want to pay the extra money for the Rubicon, I won't even get in it... because then I'll be tempted to buy it!
I have a cheap payment and adding stuff I want. If you saw mine in person, other than the hood decal, you wouldn't know the difference.

Sunin-Retired

First Name
Sunin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Rubi on order, 2013 Prius c, 1999 10th Anniversary Miata
Got it, makes sense. BTW, I've been through Yankton before -- my dad grew up in Humboldt, SD!
Cool when I get my retirement house together stop by for a beer!

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
Question for you regarding seats: How are the cloth seats in your wife's Sport S? Are they decent or do they feel cheap? I'm wondering what the difference is between the standard cloth seats in the Sport and the premium cloth in the Rubicon. (Though I realize you have leather in your Rubi, not cloth.)
No, they are not cheap and they don't feel cheap. I'm really impressed with the seats in her JLUS.

7995662E-4CA1-4987-898F-19E900B59D6B.jpeg

9C5E5F4E-D43A-486C-9C00-B7ADDE2E0CF3.jpeg

Sponsored

dirt2danasty

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Black
So for those of you that did this install yourselves is there any advice you can pass to this newbie?

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
So between the Rubicon and Sport S, will one drive better/smoother on the highway? Will one be a noticeabely nicer ride? I'm still deciding between a Sports S and Rubicon for a daily driver. If one's a nicer ride on pavement, that may tip the scales. I really won't be off-roading at all.
My Base Sport is SMOOOVEEE on the road, except when it hits bumps or cracks in the concrete...then it feels like a Jeep is supposed to. But on reg pavement... it's a smooth ridee.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Question for you regarding seats: How are the cloth seats in your wife's Sport S? Are they decent or do they feel cheap? I'm wondering what the difference is between the standard cloth seats in the Sport and the premium cloth in the Rubicon. (Though I realize you have leather in your Rubi, not cloth.)
Cloth seats are really nice. At this point, I think you should test ride both at a dealership near you. I think that'll be the best determination you can make; you're gonna have to feel it yourself. :fingerscrossed:

image-jpeg.jpg

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cloth seats are really nice. At this point, I think you should test ride both at a dealership near you. I think that'll be the best determination you can make; you're gonna have to feel it yourself. :fingerscrossed:

image-jpeg.jpg
Yep, the test drive(s) will be the deciding factor.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, the test drive(s) will be the deciding factor.
Hehe, can't wait to hear your decision! I hope you enjoy the entire process! I'm loving my lil Base Sport, more than I imagined I would. Take your time and really enjoy it! :involve:
Sponsored