Sponsored

Sport S vs Rubicon almost a wash on Price?

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
This is exactly the sickness I'm experiencing.
A reminder that, if you don't care for the extreme offroad extras and interior gadgets, there's nothing physically wrong with getting a near zero option Sport S.

More money for any mods you may want. :)
Sponsored

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
My take is it is all situational based on the individual. Nothing wrong with any of the trims.

I originally ordered a Sport S with the options I wanted. After a couple of months I had a list of mods I wanted to do, came in around 5k. At that point I configured a Rubi with options I wanted and compared the out the door costs of both, plus the mods for Sport S, and the difference was 2k.

So then it was a question of was it worth 2k to get the more basic upgrades over the Sport S. Think things like hood, seats, etc. for me it was worth it.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
It seems as if your trying to convince yourself of something, Get what you want if that's the case.

Go Big or Go small its your rig your money. I have a Rubicon my choice my rig my money no one convinced me.

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I went base Sport as none of the options on the S were appealing to me.. I like certain things on the Rubicon so I added them.. Rubicon wheels and rock rails were purchased locally from others who took them off. Wheels were $600 and the rock rails were $140.. I like the Rubicon hood but probably won't spend what it would cost to get one and have it painted. Not a fan of the Rubicon hood decals though so even if I had purchased it, they would have came off...

In the end, get what you want, the features you want and pimp it to your liking.. :)

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
It is personal.

For example, i wanted alternate wheels, ASD, tech package, and side steps on my Sport S. And i wanted to add Rubi tires. I didn’t need to order any of those things on the Rubi.

So the gap was smaller than you’d think. I just feel like a Sport suits me better.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
It seems as if your trying to convince yourself of something, Get what you want if that's the case.

Go Big or Go small its your rig your money. I have a Rubicon my choice my rig my money no one convinced me.
Exactly. Get what you want--not what other people want.

I'm sure some don't want a base model Wrangler. Luckily mine will be mine, and not theirs!

Link Pin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sahara, 2020 Gladiator
I had wondered about the dash. I had seen the red dash on some vehicles, but the vehicles themselves were also red, so I didn't know if it was a body color match thing or specific to the Rubicon model.
All new Rubicons have the red dash. The only way to get the grey dash is to order the brown leather seat option.

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
All new Rubicons have the red dash. The only way to get the grey dash is to order the brown leather seat option.
There are some colors that give you silver dashes- like Mojoto. There is no way to get a red dash with the Mojito color from the factory.

Link Pin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sahara, 2020 Gladiator
There are some colors that give you silver dashes- like Mojoto. There is no way to get a red dash with the Mojito color from the factory.
Mama won't let me get a Mojito JP :-(
Sponsored