Sport/s sahara owners with rubi wheels/tires

andrech0586

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
All fellow jeep owners who replaced their wheels/tires on sport/s or sahara, where did you sell your wheel/tires (except craiglist/fb) ? And what should be the expected price for a sport s tech silver wheels with michellin all season tires.
Who will benefit from these wheel/tires ? Grand Cherokee owners ?
Sorry if someone already posted this, I couldn't find this info.
Sponsored

k9chita

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I sold my stock (not upgraded) Sahara wheels and tires to a co-worker who recently purchased a JLU Sport S.

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Sold mine on FB to a fellow jeeper for cheap, but craigslist is useless in my area... unless you like being contacted by scammers.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I have stock 18" wheels and tires 100 miles on them and cannot sell them I have them for $600 for both wheels and tires, frankly they are almost worthless

MACCTM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Honda Fury motorcycle, Infiniti QX30
Craigslist works decently in Phx. Sold mine for $500.

Sponsored

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
My dealer gave me a good price on the swap from Sahara wheels with ATs to Rubicon wheels with KO2s for me. It cost me $650 to upgrade.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I sold my sport s wheels on CL for $700 w sensors. Took a few weeks but a JK owner got balanced wheels/tires/TPMS for cheaper than the smaller tires he was going to get from discount tire. Patience and repost on CL is key.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer gave me a good price on the swap from Sahara wheels with ATs to Rubicon wheels with KO2s for me. It cost me $650 to upgrade.
Great deal!

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
Sold mine on fb Sahara 18 with GY AT. Sold for 800 and bought rubicon with 50 miles on them for 1100 with tpsm.

Joeymon1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Not afraid to say that I know nothing about wheels except I won't ever get steel wheels again.
Why would I spent a thousand dollars to upgrade the standard Sahara wheels? Tires are the same. Is it only the looks?
Seems lots of owners swap wheels as soon as they get their new jeep and stock wrangler wheels aren't worth much on the secondary market.
Is there any performance advantage?

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Very few people want stock wheels. ALL of the stock wheels are 7.0 to 7.5" wide and 6 inches of backspacing. That makes them terrible for running oversized tires and lift kits. The only time I see people buy stock wheels is if they have a very very base model that came with steel wheels.

For that reason, stock wheels are tires are usually dirt cheap. Up until the JL came out, you could buy Rubicon take-offs for $600 a set and Sport/Sahara take-offs for $400-$500 a set.

For some reason, people think the JL stuff is magic and it's worth 3 times as much. I spent $1,500 and got 8.5" wide wheels with better offset, new splined lug nuts, TPMS, and 34" KO2 tires mounted and balanced. Why the heck would I spend $1,300 on stock used take-offs??

Anyway, if you want to sell your stock stuff, use Craigslist. But like somebody said just be careful to screen your calls and emails to avoid scammers. I have great luck with Craigslist. People will drive from far away sometimes to get what they need.

Joeymon1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Very few people want stock wheels. ALL of the stock wheels are 7.0 to 7.5" wide and 6 inches of backspacing. That makes them terrible for running oversized tires and lift kits. The only time I see people buy stock wheels is if they have a very very base model that came with steel wheels.

For that reason, stock wheels are tires are usually dirt cheap. Up until the JL came out, you could buy Rubicon take-offs for $600 a set and Sport/Sahara take-offs for $400-$500 a set.

For some reason, people think the JL stuff is magic and it's worth 3 times as much. I spent $1,500 and got 8.5" wide wheels with better offset, new splined lug nuts, TPMS, and 34" KO2 tires mounted and balanced. Why the heck would I spend $1,300 on stock used take-offs??

Anyway, if you want to sell your stock stuff, use Craigslist. But like somebody said just be careful to screen your calls and emails to avoid scammers. I have great luck with Craigslist. People will drive from far away sometimes to get what they need.
Makes sense. Thanks

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
I only wanted 33, so it made sense to spend 300 for the wheels and tires I wanted.i did use wheel spacers and do have a 2.5 lift. I like the Rubicon wheels and tires.

maksiu

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
I bought new take off rubi wheels and tires for 1500 and just sold my new take offs for 400. Both transactions done locally, I think 600 all day is realistic but the shipping is the real problem for getting rid of your original set.

wrangler.jpg

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLU
Just did this also, Rubi wheels and tires for $1600. Took a while to get rid of the Sahara wheels and tires. Finally sold them on Craigslist for $500. Maybe could have gotten $550. Was asking $600, the guy was going to buy some brand new ones from someone for $750, told him I'd go to $500 and he took it.

Looking back now, I think If I upgraded the Sahara tires to something a little beefier, I would have been happy. Like the look of the Sahara wheels but like the Rubicons better.
Sponsored