Sponsored

Sport S Perforated Leather Seats

exrub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL, 2014 JKU, and a few others
Good morning,

I saw that there is a factory option to have perforated leather seats on a Sport S. Does anyone have any detailed information on this? For example, is this the Katzkin leather seat cover and is it worth the price? I prefer leather seats, but the wife wants no higher level than 2-Door Sport S since we already have a '14 JKU Sahara.

Thank you!
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I believe Katzkin supplies both factory and aftermarket leather seats for Wrangler.

I can’t speak on Sport S. But on Sahara, FWIW, when you opt for the perforated leather seats, you give up the leather covering with matching stitching on the center console, the door armrests, steering wheel, shifter boot and the dashboard. When you opt for the regular leather interior, then you get everything matching. And the regular leather interior is cheaper by $500 to boot!

Why on one and not the other? Who knows. It’s a Jeep thing, no one understands...

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have the perforated leather seat option on my 19 JLUR. There's a Mopar tag on the seats, so not sure if they're Katzkin or not. These seats have the Jeep grille/front end embroidered on them, instead of Rubicon lettering.

This package only comes with the leather seats. It does not have the leather shifter handles or the leather arm rests. It also has the regular back seat, not the seat with the fold down center section/arm rest with cup holders.

Is it worth it? Yes, as both my wife and I wanted leather seats, but wanted the complete leather package. Since I bought this 19 JLUR in May 2020 (new, on dealer lot) as it was the color and engine I wanted, I couldn't be picky with the leather seat option.
Sponsored