SOON

SOON

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 4XE
Dealer accessories (lift, wheels, etc) are out of pocket #s are based on Msrp.
I’ve seen dealers that added a lift kit and 35’s and are asking $8500?! I never understood this? Are people that dumb that they can’t search the internet to see that that is WAAAAAAY over priced?
Sponsored

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
Question: If I'm getting a Sport S with no intention of wheeling (just keeping it on pavement), is there any purpose in getting the Dana 44 option? Is that strictly for off-roading or will I notice it on regular roads?

OP
OP
SOON

SOON

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 4XE
Question: If I'm getting a Sport S with no intention of wheeling (just keeping it on pavement), is there any purpose in getting the Dana 44 option? Is that strictly for off-roading or will I notice it on regular roads?
Anti spin can help in wet conditions. Is a limited slip differential not standard on the wrangler? That seems strange to me
im curious to know if this is an upgrade over a limited slip dif or is limited/anti slip dif only an add on? I know Wranglers are old school but I didn’t think a vehicle came without limited slip anymore.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Anti spin can help in wet conditions. Is a limited slip differential not standard on the wrangler? That seems strange to me

im curious to know if this is an upgrade over a limited slip dif or is limited/anti slip dif only an add on? I know Wranglers are old school but I didn’t think a vehicle came without limited slip anymore.
Without the anti-spin axle upgrade, the rear differential in a non-Rubicon Wrangler is open. The front diff is open on a Sport/Sahara no matter what.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I had bought a Sport S Wrangler in 2015 and did not even know there was this entire off road community. I bought it for a fun summertime vehicle, cargo space, and 4X4 for New England winters. I went off road a few times and it just did not grab me. I still love the Wrangler and upgraded to a JL for all of the improvements over the JK.

The non Rubicon is very capable off road. From what you have stated I highly doubt you are going to even need / use any of the features of the Rubicon. You are also talking about leasing. Think about buying it over leasing. These hold crazy value. I would go with a Sport S and drive it for three years. Go off road see if you like it and see how capable it is in stock form. If you find that you love off road and that you want lockers and electronic disconnecting sway bars trade it in three years from now on a Rubicon. You will have equity in your Jeep that you can put towards the purchase of the Rubicon if that is what you decide you really want. If you are not a fan of the Jeep you'll still have a lot of equity to use on a trade for something else.

If you have enough money that you really just don't care then get the Rubicon and go from there.

Sponsored

BSearle

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 UNLIMITED sport
E5064F77-AE5F-42A1-A726-AF0F019AB817.jpeg
349A0BDE-2AB0-46E7-BD7C-E10D8225C69D.jpeg
14F584ED-2DE9-4EF4-8AEB-0076653A360B.jpeg
8724C89E-A726-494E-9A86-B13035C7B2F6.jpeg
1D8C5779-D0E9-413E-8599-06D5669F1F16.jpeg
I’ve got the Sport S with 2.5” lift and 37s. It rides just fine. It needed a calibration on the speedometer of course the dealership/installer had that calibrated wrong at first. Also had to trim up some plastic under the front and rear just a bit. The front piece was a plastic piece that they’ve added between the bumper and the grill for cosmetics. Hadn’t really noticed it until the running happened.

OP
OP
SOON

SOON

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 4XE
I
349A0BDE-2AB0-46E7-BD7C-E10D8225C69D.jpeg
14F584ED-2DE9-4EF4-8AEB-0076653A360B.jpeg
8724C89E-A726-494E-9A86-B13035C7B2F6.jpeg
1D8C5779-D0E9-413E-8599-06D5669F1F16.jpeg
I’ve got the Sport S with 2.5” lift and 37s. It rides just fine. It needed a calibration on the speedometer of course the dealership/installer had that calibrated wrong at first. Also had to trim up some plastic under the front and rear just a bit. The front piece was a plastic piece that they’ve added between the bumper and the grill for cosmetics. Hadn’t really noticed it until the running happened.

I like the stance of that! Do you have a stick or automatic? How does the power and shifting feel with the 37’s?

Bukisr

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL 4dr
Hello all. I’m going to be getting my first Wrangler in September. I keep going back and forth.... on everything. I know I’m gonna take it off road. But I don’t think I’m gonna be doing anything like Moab. I wanna go on trails. Don’t think I’ll be going over anything over a foot tall or so. With that said. Am I just spending more money than I need to going with a Rubicon? Would a sport do everything I need it to do? I do want to go with bigger tires, probably 35’s but keep trying to talk myself into 37’s. I know gearing would come into play if I were to go that route...right? What are your thought? Your opinions will help greatly. Thanks.
I have a Sport S with 2.5 lift from EVO and 35 KO2. Great set up for what you want to do.

Sponsored

BSearle

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 UNLIMITED sport
I

I like the stance of that! Do you have a stick or automatic? How does the power and shifting feel with the 37’s?
It is an automatic. Shifting just fine. I don’t feel any loss of power on the road and personally it is too soon for me to take this pretty thing of the dirt trails and try climbing anything that may give her more than I can emotionally handle.

Beardedgator

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL RUBICON
For me I looked at a couple things..

1) I would be lifting the Jeep and adding 35-37s

2)I would be off-road from time to time

I did not want to spend ungodly amounts of money to bring it up to something close rubicon standards. Yes it’s cheaper to do that on your own but I’d much rather it come with a fat warranty and be a part of the financing.. much easier for me to pay something over 6 years than justify dropping 8k in cash.. only to HAVE to rely on private sale to get my money back out of it 10 years down the road. I would assume that the rubicon would provide much better trade in and retain a larger percentage of its value no matter how u sell it.

OP
OP
SOON

SOON

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 4XE
Thank you to everyone for the advice and opinions. I have decided to go with the rubicon. It’s gonna do everything I want and then some right out of the box. It just makes sense since I’m going to be leasing it too. The difference in monthly payment between a loaded Sport S vs a mostly loaded rubicon is about $130 a month (those numbers vary based on what I’d put down on a Rubicon vs a sport) and I’m gonna get a lot more with the rubicon. So excited. Now I just have to torturously wait 2 more months before I can get it.

OP
OP
SOON

SOON

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 4XE
I have a Sport S with 2.5 lift from EVO and 35 KO2. Great set up for what you want to do.
35” KO’s isn’t really 35 inches is it? That’s what I’ve been reading at least. Those tires have more love for them vs almost any other tire available. But I’d be disappointed paying for 35’s only to get 33.5’s
Not a knock on your set up at all. Just a personal thought on my future upgrade.
Sponsored