OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Sounds like 33x10.5 is the way to go.

If you go 33x10.5 no, if you go 33x12.5 then you will probably need more backspacing. Either get new wheels or buy a set of spacers (not really recommended on the spacers...but since your not really going off road it's probably fine). Spacers have a tendency to add stress torque to axle assemblies and can actually break since they are aluminum. Generally these concerns are off road concerns when putting the axles (and spacers) under above average stress. For on road driving it's just an opinion, I'd say it's fine for your situation especially since your staying at 33s and not adding the heavier 35s or planning on 37s :like::rock:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Good point. I have a little ways to go, just trying to ramp up.

Let me chime in. There have been several changes to the suspension on the JL vs the JK. Lots of discussions ..and if take offs would fit etc. In a short time someone will take delivery of a JL (4dr anyway) and try and put larger tires/rims on it and we will know for sure. Also good point about spacers under flexing conditions... and as long as im at it, wheel spacers in general, are a bad idea, especially since rims with proper backspacing are widely available.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
33" Duratracs with only 3/4" Daystar spacers on all 4 corners. I wanted clearance but don't like too much space between tires and fenders. I bet you won't even need any spacers with the JL.
Before:
FB_IMG_1515553725368.jpg

After:
FB_IMG_1515553732371.jpg

Reactions: Moe

NewsShooter

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n Wrangler
I put 285's on my 4 door without any other mods, no rubbing but I haven't taken it off road yet. I will be putting Rubi springs and shocks on later this week.
Sponsored