MacBigButt

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Leaf, 2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Spotted this. Look like you folks waiting for the 2-door 6 speed are in for a treat!

Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Spotted this. Look like you folks waiting for the 2-door 6 speed are in for a treat!

5" stereo too! I ain't paying for the 7 incher in my build. Haven't watched yet but this is probably fairly close to my build. I've gravitated more to getting a Sport S than just a Sport, as I got a massive raise at work and figure I might as well buy a somewhat better equipped Jeep.

EDIT: Just watched the whole thing. Was really nice to see a base 2-door 6 speed in action. Those gears are tallll without the 4.10 Rubicon ratios. It's nice though. Gone are the days of laughably equipped Wranglers.

Last edited:

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
not an S just a sport but very cool. tks for the vid.

not sure how much this dude knows about jeeps as he seemed to get more than a few things mixed up lol.

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
5" stereo too! I ain't paying for the 7 incher in my build. Haven't watched yet but this is probably fairly close to my build. I've gravitated more to getting a Sport S than just a Sport, as I got a massive raise at work and figure I might as well buy a somewhat better equipped Jeep.
carplay is awesome but if you can ride without it you wont miss it. its like anything/ if you had it before you might miss it/ if not you wont notice it.

OP
OP
MacBigButt

MacBigButt

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Leaf, 2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
not an S just a sport but very cool. tks for the vid.

not sure how much this dude knows about jeeps as he seemed to get more than a few things mixed up lol.
That's kinda good I think that he doesn't know jeeps. He's just driving it and enjoying it. Also, he doesn't expect a soft-top to be as quite as a Mercedes S-Class.

When these finally get up here I'm going to take one for a spin. It looks like the 2-door is a pretty comfortable ride.

Maybe I'll go for the 2-door, 6 speed, Rubicon in Punk'n and a soft-top. No leather, no nav.

Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
carplay is awesome but if you can ride without it you wont miss it. its like anything/ if you had it before you might miss it/ if not you wont notice it.
My current car has a great touchscreen nav system, that I'm sure I'll miss. BUT my car doesn't have any kind of phone compatibility, and I'm excited to finally get that functionality.

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
My current car has a great touchscreen nav system, that I'm sure I'll miss. BUT my car doesn't have any kind of phone compatibility, and I'm excited to finally get that functionality.
i reckon i have the bloody opposite and the BT is brilliant and stable and its 4.0 so the jeepy at 4.2 should be amazing. proper shouldn't miss the nav cuz w/ Gmaps or Amaps the voice comes right through the speakers. a proper holder is prolly a must so you can scout out ahead tho bra

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
I have been waiting so long lsot some of my initial excitement, but every time I watch a video with the 2 door in it I fall in love again.

I cant decide between red and mojito, but at this point bring it on!

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
i reckon i have the bloody opposite and the BT is brilliant and stable and its 4.0 so the jeepy at 4.2 should be amazing. proper shouldn't miss the nav cuz w/ Gmaps or Amaps the voice comes right through the speakers. a proper holder is prolly a must so you can scout out ahead tho bra
My JLUR has the Car Play and using it’s navigation function is truly amazing. For example, you press the ‘microphone’ button on the touchscreen and Siri asks “where would you like to go”, I voice respond ‘XYZ restaurant’, nothing more and a couple of options pop up on the screen, I select the correct one, then press Go, and that’s it, like magic I’m on my way. By far the easiest and fastest system I’ve ever used. Very worth the upgrade cost in my opinion. On the 4 door the upgraded audio is also very impressive, much better than my 2011 BMW X3 or the BOSE equipped 2003 Porsche Cayenne S, I had before the X3.

Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been waiting so long lsot some of my initial excitement, but every time I watch a video with the 2 door in it I fall in love again.

I cant decide between red and mojito, but at this point bring it on!
Shieeet you were sounding ready to give it all up the other day ;)

Do the world a favor and order something other than Grayscale or Resale Red. Add some color to everyone's life.

Think how much of a badass one would be having a green freaking 2 door with the top down, and this early into the new generation. That'll be some heads turned.

SaintNick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JLU High Tide
I definitely like the shorter throws. The Rubicon is the way to go IMO. You can be happy with it stock since the 33's will look great on a 2 door still. I wanted to get an Unlimiited for the extra space, but I do love the 2 door because nobody drives them here in Dallas.

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I originally wanted a 2dr, only reason why I went for the 4dr was because I caved in while waiting for the 2dr, Couldn't handle waiting the extra 3 months. :)