Sport or Rubicon 2 doors

JeeperZac

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Is one going to be better over the other to use as a daily driver? Also would you recommend the V6 or 4 cylinder? Be traveiling back and fourth to work each day about 100 plus miles a day.
Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
How much off-roading are you going to be doing? Most people don’t need the Rubicon and would do just fine with a Sport, Sport S or Sahara. But ultimately get what makes you happy and doesn’t put you in the poor house. Even if you don’t plan to wheel it much, you may prefer the looks and potential for wheeling performance that the Rubicon offers.

As far as the engine choices go, if you want manual transmission you have to get the V6. Otherwise it’s a toss up, they’re both great engines so get whichever one drives best to you.

Last edited:

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
I'm in a similar situation, 90 miles round trip to work as a daily driver, I'm leaning towards Rubicon. Why? Because I like all the bells and whistles, my Tacoma is loaded, I can't imagine going backwards in technology and being happy about it. I'm going to get the V6, I can't decide on stick or auto, I test drove both and I'm thinking auto at this point because there is no dead pedal in the floor space.

OP
OP

JeeperZac

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
What kind of price should we be able to get a 19 2 door Rubicon for? How much off msrp? Love the look of them.

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
What kind of price should we be able to get a 19 2 door Rubicon for? How much off msrp? Love the look of them.
There is a 2020 group buy here for 7% under invoice, orders must be placed by July 25th, delivery end of Sept. I would think if you are not picky on options and colors, leftovers should be priced accordingly. The Group Buy is through Fitzgeralds Jeep in CT, Mark is a forum regular here. PM him, or you can try Criswell or Koons for discounts too. Where are you located?

Sponsored

OP
OP

JeeperZac

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Sounds like this would be best price possible. Does the jeep have to be picked up in Connecticut?

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i have the 2 door sport with the v6 and auto, and hard top. no bells and whistles except ac and xm radio, and i love it. but thats me. i would of looked at the rubicon but cant come to the price, plus i want to build my jeep the way i want it, not bashing on the rubi.

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
Sounds like this would be best price possible. Does the jeep have to be picked up in Connecticut?
Not sure if he would ship? Ask Mark, look for the MY 2020 Northeast Group Buy thread.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JeeperZac

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
i have the 2 door sport with the v6 and auto, and hard top. no bells and whistles except ac and xm radio, and i love it. but thats me. i would of looked at the rubicon but cant come to the price, plus i want to build my jeep the way i want it, not bashing on the rubi.
How much did you get your sport for? What was the MSRP listed at on it?

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Yep, I liked the Rubi, but I'll never use lockers and all that damn red was a turn off for me. I've got a Sport S. When I ordered, I clicked only 2 boxes, auto and A/T tires! I love it:like:

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
How much did you get your sport for? What was the MSRP listed at on it?
My MSRP was $35,735. And I bought mine from a local dealer and he sold it to me for 31 and change. Of course I have no real bells and whistles to drive up the price. But I'm extremely happy with it!

Reactions: aai

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I have a long commute and drive my JL. Just purchased a 2 door Rubi. It’s awesome to drive if you’re in a good mood. The larger tires and more off-road focused suspension make it bouncy and a bit squirrelly, but that’s all part of its charm. If I’m in a bad mood, I sometimes wish I had a fast, smooth ride to just get me home. But most days it’s a blast!

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal