Sponsored

Sport model factory LED headlamp's halo is always on?

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Hmmm, more cost cutting measures I guess.

Jeep should make LEDs standard without halos for the lower trim lines. I live in a rural area and drive in the dark frequently. The factory LEDs are excellent. If you live in town, drive on lighted roads and highways and/or not often at night, you may never see the difference.
Sponsored

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
I looked up a window sticker for a 2021, the LED headlights and fogs are still part of the Willys package for ~$5700 according to it:

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/wind...33.765656064.1607144583-1106694644.1607144583

https://www.dodgechryslerjeepofkirk...ed-willys-4x4-sport-utility-1c4hjxdg2mw586848

So is the build configurator wrong? Or going forward will it be optional on the 2021 Willys?
Jeep Wrangler JL Sport model factory LED headlamp's halo is always on? shrug.001
So odd! Spoke to a few dealers, LED is still standard for 2021. They have no idea what the website package means. They told me I’m looking at the Willys sport builder but as you saw yourself I’m not. Anyway sounds like the package isn’t needed! Is the only thing not standard with the LED fenders and tails? Are the DRLs only the halos or also fender?

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
So odd! Spoke to a few dealers, LED is still standard for 2021. They have no idea what the website package means. They told me I’m looking at the Willys sport builder but as you saw yourself I’m not. Anyway sounds like the package isn’t needed! Is the only thing not standard with the LED fenders and tails? Are the DRLs only the halos or also fender?
Wow check this out... I did the 2021 Willys 2 door build configurator. Kept the standard LEDs and looked at the Wrangler photo preview on the bottom, then added the LED Group and compared to that photo. The LED group changed the photo to include different fender and fog lights... Comparison pics below (standard vs led group)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sport model factory LED headlamp's halo is always on? 1607174694969

Jeep Wrangler JL Sport model factory LED headlamp's halo is always on? 1607174631038

Benw711

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Wrangler Willys Sport
Wow check this out... I did the 2021 Willys 2 door build configurator. Kept the standard LEDs and looked at the Wrangler photo preview on the bottom, then added the LED Group and compared to that photo. The LED group changed the photo to include different fender and fog lights... Comparison pics below (standard vs led group)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sport model factory LED headlamp's halo is always on? 1607174631038

The website is not a good tell-tale... When I was configuring my Willys Sport it shows the interior with dual climate and technology group which is NOT on a Willys Sport.

Sponsored

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
The website is not a good tell-tale... When I was configuring my Willys Sport it shows the interior with dual climate and technology group which is NOT on a Willys Sport.
It should be, that's where most potential customers go to try to figure this stuff out. If I had a small business selling trinkets, I'd make sure the website was accurate for what I was selling and that wouldn't be an issue for one person. Who the heck is running the Jeep website? They're getting paid too much/they shouldn't still have a job there.

OP
OP

jy86206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392 Sarge Green
The Jeep website builder has a lot of errors, i.e. I cannot add the $995 cold weather with 2.0L 8AT when I built my sport altitude.
Sponsored