Sport Fender LED (rubi style) questions

FireCap84

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
so I purchased these off of amazon and installed them. I am running a Tazer JL Mini.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088FJSJ35/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

I changed the settings to be led lights in the flares. they function correctly however the thin white light will only come on when the headlights are on. my options on the tazer for DRL are high beam, low beam, fog or turn signal. the turn signals on these fender lights are sequential. if you use the turn signal option it leaves the orange strip on and solid until you turn the turn signal on.

ultimately id like them to function like a rubi and have the white strip on and the halos on my oem led headlights as my drl setup.. just not sure if I need to change some wiring or specific settings within the tazer

the white strip appears to only come on when the parking or headlights are on.
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
so I purchased these off of amazon and installed them. I am running a Tazer JL Mini.

I changed the settings to be led lights in the flares. they function correctly however the thin white light will only come on when the headlights are on. my options on the tazer for DRL are high beam, low beam, fog or turn signal. the turn signals on these fender lights are sequential. if you use the turn signal option it leaves the orange strip on and solid until you turn the turn signal on.

ultimately id like them to function like a rubi and have the white strip on and the halos on my oem led headlights as my drl setup.. just not sure if I need to change some wiring or specific settings within the tazer

I think the choice for DRL should be set to “dedicated”. Also make sure you test with someone sitting inside and put in drive.

OP
OP

FireCap84

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I think the choice for DRL should be set to “dedicated”. Also make sure you test with someone sitting inside and put in drive.
i just tried setting it to dedicated and then doing a full reboot of it it didn’t turn the white strip on..and I did have it in drive

Thoughts ?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
i just tried setting it to dedicated and then doing a full reboot of it it didn’t turn the white strip on..and I did have it in drive

Thoughts ?
You didn’t use parking brake and put in drive correct?

shooting in dark here since I don’t know the product you installed. Stepping through items suggested for OEM DRLs

OP
OP

FireCap84

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
You didn’t use parking brake and put in drive correct?

shooting in dark here since I don’t know the product you installed. Stepping through items suggested for OEM DRLs
Well actually I did lol but I just went out and tried it in drive with just my foot on brake ( someone else checking ) and they still didn’t come on.. they only ilium if the parking or headlights are on.. I’m almost wondering if a wire in the light side plug needs flipped or something..

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Well actually I did lol but I just went out and tried it in drive with just my foot on brake ( someone else checking ) and they still didn’t come on.. they only ilium if the parking or headlights are on.. I’m almost wondering if a wire in the light side plug needs flipped or something..
Well shoot. Was hoping something simple. Sorry man. Not sure about wiring. Hopefully someone with experience with those specific lights can weigh in. Only other Tazer setting I would check is to make sure DRL is set to US not Canada.

OP
OP

FireCap84

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Hey Chris

this guy was in the reviews from your link on Amazon

Jeep Wrangler JL Sport Fender LED (rubi style) questions 41460F61-AD7E-488C-899E-CEE339C6E611
Jeep Wrangler JL Sport Fender LED (rubi style) questions 41460F61-AD7E-488C-899E-CEE339C6E611
Awesome I don’t know how I missed that review🤦🏻‍♂️ I wondered if it possibly needed repinned .. should be easy enough to try I will give that a go tomorrow or Saturday and report back.. good eye thanks !

OP
OP

FireCap84

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
@hoag4147 you the man! That did the trick . Thankfully I could reach the plug and a quick depin and popping it over one spot did the trick! I actually ended up forwarding the info to tazers tech txt number as I’d reached out to them too.. all in all I’m super happy now !

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
@hoag4147 you the man! That did the trick . Thankfully I could reach the plug and a quick depin and popping it over one spot did the trick! I actually ended up forwarding the info to tazers tech txt number as I’d reached out to them too.. all in all I’m super happy now !
Awesome Chris. Glad that did the trick.

Yondu_JLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S

I have the same product installed. Mine only function with the parking light switch on, but I have my halos wired in a manner that allows me to run them full time. In order to run the fender DRL's on a Sport full time, another wire is required as ours do not come equipped for LED functionality from the factory.
Sponsored