Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
And yours is a open diff as you stated before?
Why would jeep make a random axle like that, the 220 narrow only comes with limited slip.....
Yes, it's open, I checked because I also believed like many others that it had to be LSD if it was the 220. Either that or the LSD was shot when I brought it home from the dealer. I can't answer any questions about why Jeep would do anything, but after reading these forums for a few months nothing surprises me anymore.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
jimlee, i had my phone with a pic of a d44 from a jl next to mine and thought that i have the d44. until i looked at the build sheet and posts it shows the m200. but again on the window sticker it mentioned the d44 rear axle. i'm all mixed up as to what. i thought i got the d44 but i looks like i have he m200. i'll be heading over to the dealership tomorrow after work to pick up my reg. i'll ask to confirm.

arter.i'm thinking that i have the m200 because lsd was not on the build sheet or window sticker.

would it be possible it you could get a d44 without the lsd.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
jimlee, i had my phone with a pic of a d44 from a jl next to mine and thought that i have the d44. until i looked at the build sheet and posts it shows the m200. but again on the window sticker it mentioned the d44 rear axle. i'm all mixed up as to what. i thought i got the d44 but i looks like i have he m200. i'll be heading over to the dealership tomorrow after work to pick up my reg. i'll ask to confirm.

arter.i'm thinking that i have the m200 because lsd was not on the build sheet or window sticker.

That seems to be the million dollar question. Mine looks like a M220, the part number came up as a M220 when I researched it, and it certainly doesn't have LSD. IDK, maybe I got a mislabeled M200?

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L

The best way to confirm it is for you guys to take a pic of your rear diff cover and then we’d know the true answer, don’t expect dealers to know these things, they can’t even do an oil change right.

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU

In the end it doesn't really matter to me anyway, the whole reason I wasn't wrapped up on what axles it had underneath it when I bought it. I think Mopar spec'd Dana axles are junk anyway and they are going to be replaced, that's why I bought a Sport and not a Rubicon.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Let's see pics of each axle.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
arter i will try to get a picture of my axle tomorrow if its not raining.

jimlee i'm not worried as to what i have either. just want know know. i'm not swapping axles or running bigger tires any time soon. once the original tires wears out, i'll look into a set of 32" to replace them. this is my daily driver and might see some light to medium wheeling in the future.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Well, I looked up my build sheet and it says M200, so I'll eat my words. What I don't get is that there was a factory tag on it that had a PN for a "M220 without electronic locker", I guess that really doesn't matter, I should probably run the numbers stamped on the tube if I can read them. So no M220 with open differential still stands (at least for auto), I'll still get under there when I have time and look at it again.

OP
OP
Billet_JLU

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport s 1999 Cherokee Sport
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
With the manual transmission you can get an M220 with open diff, or option for the limited slip. As far as the auto transmission goes I am not sure.

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Yea, I got under last night and verified I have the 35, which sucks, I've been wheeling hard and was mostly concerned about my front axle. Oh well, time to pony up for that axle swap soon, get this Mopar garbage in a dumpster where it belong

20190422_073308_zps2vzxvek1.jpg

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
@JimLee @cosine @Billet_JLU
Here I made a side by side comparison on how to distinguish whether you have the M200 or M220 axle.
111.JPG
Interesting thing i've also noticed, the M200's i can find pictures of all seem to have gloss or semi-gloss finish whereas the M220's all seems to be flat or matte black.

OP
OP
Billet_JLU

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport s 1999 Cherokee Sport
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer