Sponsored

Sport Altitude black trim...missing?

RandomSquirrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport Altitude, 2013 Triumph Rocket3
So this isn't really a "mod", but it is interior-related. If wrong forum, mods please move.

So I picked up my '21 Sport Altitude about 2 weeks ago. Still loving it (even with the frustrating UConnect issues), but I have a couple questions about interior trim pieces. Seeing as I got the Sport Altitude package, all the interior trim is supposed to be Wizard Black. That being said, the rings around my instrument panel are still silver, and the trim around the climate controls and windows switches are also silver. Are all 3 of these supposed to be black as well, or only the instrument cluster rings? Dealer is trying to tell me that if the factory did not put the black rings on, then they may no longer be available...trying to determine if that's a mistake on the factory/dealer, or if I'm being fed a "line". Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP

RandomSquirrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

That being said, the rings around my instrument panel are still silver, and the trim around the climate controls and windows switches are also silver. Are all 3 of these supposed to be black as well, or only the instrument cluster rings?

They are not black. Neither are the instrument cluster rings. I have a '20 Sport Altitude. The pics are wrong.

The exterior badges are matte black, steering wheel is black, dash panels and vent trim are "Wizard Black" but appear (at least to me) to be more of a dark grey.

OP
OP

RandomSquirrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, the build sheet explicitly states "Wizard Black Instrument Cluster bezels", and the pictures show black bezels around the instrument cluster as well, so just trying to determine what is correct and what is not.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Well, the build sheet explicitly states "Wizard Black Instrument Cluster bezels", and the pictures show black bezels around the instrument cluster as well, so just trying to determine what is correct and what is not.
That's also wrong. My build sheet says the same. However, I have yet to see a Sport Altitude with black cluster bezels. Jeep/FCA/Stellantis is not producing and installing a different cluster just for the Altitude model.

OP
OP

RandomSquirrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's also wrong. My build sheet says the same. However, I have yet to see a Sport Altitude with black cluster bezels. Jeep/FCA/Stellantis is not producing and installing a different cluster just for the Altitude model.
And while I do agree with you, the bezel rings appear to pop on/off. And I have seen other JL's in the wild with black bezel rings...so it sounds like yours may have been a mistake as well? Either way, I was more curious who is right/wrong...just trying to get what I paid for/ordered, and make sure it's all kosher. :)

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
Inside of my Altitude

Jeep Wrangler JL Sport Altitude black trim...missing? Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 8.47.41 AM

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Inside of my Altitude

Jeep Wrangler JL Sport Altitude black trim...missing? Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 8.47.41 AM
You have silver instrument cluster bezels and a silver steering wheel. Steering wheel should be black.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

OP
OP

RandomSquirrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He has the black panels. They look grey like mine.
The vent rings, steering wheel, and instrument bezel rings should all be black, according to Jeep and the research I've done. The climate control and window buttons will remain silver.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

The vent rings, steering wheel, and instrument bezel rings should all be black, according to Jeep and the research I've done.
Look at the pic I posted above. I circled the Wizard Black panel.

The steering wheel should be black, except for the Jeep logo and ring on the airbag.

Nothing else on mine is black. The other poster matches mine except for the steering wheel.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Another thing to note. The interior pic on the website for the Sport Altitude is 100% wrong. The instrument cluster is the one that's from the base Sport. You can tell by the center cluster. The pic has been edited to supposedly show the black trim that comes with an Altitude, but it is incorrect.

OP
OP

RandomSquirrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another thing to note. The interior pic on the website for the Sport Altitude is 100% wrong. The instrument cluster is the one that's from the base Sport. You can tell by the center cluster. The pic has been edited to supposedly show the black trim that comes with an Altitude, but it is incorrect.
Just seems odd that the pic on Jeep's site is "wrong" and the Build Sheet is "wrong" to state "Wizard Black Instrument Panel Bezels". The item you circled is not the instrument panel, that is the dash panel...and yes, mine is "wizerd black" as well (but looks more granite crystal).
Sponsored