2018JLRUSellersremorse

2018JLRUSellersremorse

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
I went to service at the dealership. They down loaded all the codes and documented what had happened. I am back on the road....
Sponsored

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
I went to service at the dealership. They down loaded all the codes and documented what had happened. I am back on the road....
Thank you for the update. But no fix I guess?

Seems like something this dangerous, you’d hope would come with more feedback. If my 4xe drops dead on I95 near Philly, I’m about to be in a world of hurt.

OP
OP
2018JLRUSellersremorse

2018JLRUSellersremorse

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
Thank you for the update. But no fix I guess?

Seems like something this dangerous, you’d hope would come with more feedback. If my 4xe drops dead on I95 near Philly, I’m about to be in a world of hurt.
No fix as of yet.

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
It seems to be a Jeep thing. ICE Wranglers do it too from what I've read. If any sensors or parameters are off they just kind of nope out.

I don't know if it's impossible to have the Jeep maintain a basic function, possible reset it self, or if shutting off is really the only option.

We may need Margret Hamilton to fix this. If anyone doesn't know who she is, she wrote the code that landed Apollo missions on the moon. Neil Armstrong would have either crashed/died or aborted had it not been for her error handling and prioritization routines.

Now we seem to be getting Boeing level programming on the Wrangler these days.

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
It seems to be a Jeep thing. ICE Wranglers do it too from what I've read. If any sensors or parameters are off they just kind of nope out.

I don't know if it's impossible to have the Jeep maintain a basic function, possible reset it self, or if shutting off is really the only option.

We may need Margret Hamilton to fix this. If anyone doesn't know who she is, she wrote the code that landed Apollo missions on the moon. Neil Armstrong would have either crashed/died or aborted had it not been for her error handling and prioritization routines.

Now we seem to be getting Boeing level programming on the Wrangler these days.
I'm not saying other vehicles don't do this but I've never heard of it.

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Hard to say. I had a long run with German cars. They would typically limit you to 45 mph outside of a catestrophic failure.

I've neve had an out right forced shutdown before and I've been driving for 34 years.
Sponsored