2018JLRUSellersremorse

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
So, It happened this morning.

I had all the RRTs done about two weeks ago. I am at 7426 miles and the spontaneous shutdown happened to me this morning on the way to work. I was at 76% charge and just over 1/2 a tank of gas. I checked all my fuses again and all were good. I have an appointment with the dealer Monday morning.

I was able to pull over safely. Once I stopped and put the Jeep in park, all the alerts went away. I got back on the highway and got to work with no other issues.
Sponsored

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
They are like heightened technical service bulletin.
Must be a new one? I've never heard of that term in vehicle repair or maintenance before. I even researched it and came up with nothing related.

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Sorry to hear this. I don't really have anything constructive to add but this sounds like 4XE's equivalent of a kernal panic or BSOD. It's concerning that it's still happening after all the RRTs.

Sponsored

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
This should not be possible unless the vehicle is suffering some massive failure. It can still run on just the ICE, correct? So if the EV system is having a hard time, shut that down but allow it to run on ICE power. Scary.

OP
OP
2018JLRUSellersremorse

2018JLRUSellersremorse

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
This should not be possible unless the vehicle is suffering some massive failure. It can still run on just the ICE, correct? So if the EV system is having a hard time, shut that down but allow it to run on ICE power. Scary.
I had lost all ability to accelerate.

Ron93YJ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Since the errors went away and he drove to work after with no issue it sounds like it’s more of a software/module/computer issue as opposed to some kind of failure. Sucks either way.

Sponsored

OP
OP
2018JLRUSellersremorse

2018JLRUSellersremorse

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
Since the errors went away and he drove to work after with no issue it sounds like it’s more of a software/module/computer issue as opposed to some kind of failure. Sucks either way.
I agree, I am current as of two weeks ago on all the updates, TSBs, and RRTs. I am half expecting a call from the dealer saying something like "no issue found, could not duplicate, currently operating as normal". At least it will be documented.

Ron93YJ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I agree, I am current as of two weeks ago on all the updates, TSBs, and RRTs. I am half expecting a call from the dealer saying something like "no issue found, could not duplicate, currently operating as normal". At least it will be documented.
How much time did you have to pull over? Or was it just a matter of pulling over because you could no longer accelerate? Just trying to prepare in case it happens to me

OP
OP
2018JLRUSellersremorse

2018JLRUSellersremorse

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
How much time did you have to pull over? Or was it just a matter of pulling over because you could no longer accelerate? Just trying to prepare in case it happens to me
I was lucky to be in the next to the right lane. It all happened fast. Once I got the alert to pull over and park it all shut down. I had no acceleration and going up hill, I came to a stop in about 75 feet or so. Once I applied the brakes and put it in park it all went back to normal. I did have an alert to service traction control and service 4wds that came on about 5 miles before this all happened. That alert reset when I got to work and restarted the Jeep.

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
I was lucky to be in the next to the right lane. It all happened fast. Once I got the alert to pull over and park it all shut down. I had no acceleration and going up hill, I came to a stop in about 75 feet or so. Once I applied the brakes and put it in park it all went back to normal. I did have an alert to service traction control and service 4wds that came on about 5 miles before this all happened. That alert reset when I got to work and restarted the Jeep.
As I said above, this should never happen, especially as a result of electronics failure in a new vehicle. 75 feet. Wow. Dangerous stuff.

I had something similar happen one time in a 1990 Town Car I was driving due to fuel pump failure, but the car was 12 years old at the time.

OP
OP
2018JLRUSellersremorse

2018JLRUSellersremorse

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
I have an appointment at 7:00 Monday morning to take the Jeep into the dealer. I'll report anything that I get back
Sponsored