Splash Guards

RichD

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
What's the feeling out there towards mud flaps? I've always like the look and function on past pickup trucks. On the JL, too "old-man-ish"? Too "mall crawler-ish"?
Sponsored

FWB FL

First Name
LArry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL unlimited
What's the feeling out there towards mud flaps? I've always like the look and function on past pickup trucks. On the JL, too "old-man-ish"? Too "mall crawler-ish"?
I would buy front ones in a minute to keep the front of the rear fenders from getting tore up, but they are not Available. Any one seen any for the RUBICON???

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
They are great. Hell, function was the whole point of Jeep styling, anyway. I've got front splash guards on my JKUR, and they do a great job of reducing rock nicks and salt spray in the winter. They survived Moab, too. I'm really wanting similar ones for the JLUR.

Villagevip

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Just sold me on the mud flaps, I like em, looks good....Now I can go back to the original Rubicon slim rock sliders...(In my fantasy future build, T.Y.)

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Sure keeps rocks from being thrown up and chipping the door hinges.
71B44458-D24C-4C55-9828-7409C467BDF7.jpeg
Why would you need mud flaps with the molded sidesteps? Seems redundant. Please don't take offense... that's not my goal. I have the same sidesteps to help me step up easier, but they also keep rocks, mud, etc. from flying up to the vehicle.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Those front flaps look completely pointless, given that you have those huge flat sidesteps on.
They aren't. I have the Mopar steps also, and there are large gaps in coverage. Rocks would still pelt my doors and hinges. So I installed the front splash guards and I wish I had gone ahead and bought the rears too. May still do that.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I guess you’ve never seen a Wrangler with tubular steps. There are gaps. So, not pointless. If you dont like em, don’t install on your vehicle, if you have one.
Those aren’t tubular steps.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Which ones did you use.

Thanks,
Daniel
I used the Mopar plastic front splashguards on my JK. They don't even show scratches. I've scrunched them up good on rocks in Moab, and they still look great and went right back to their proper shape.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
The Mopar ones are cheap and will protect you from the more insane rock chips at highway speeds. Just a few things:

- Using the Mopar guards with the Rubi rock rails requires a bit of metal trimming on the rails for everything to fit. Not hard, but an afternoon's work. I would think this applies to some other rock rails, as well.
- Some people complain about having them for offroading. In my experience, they just bend and go right back into shape. Not a big deal so far. And if you really look at them, they don't eat into your ground clearance as much as some people claim they do.
- Be VERY careful while installing. Get yourself a good rivet gun - don't skimp. Mopar doesn't provide any extra rivets, so if you mess one up, you've gotta pay a ridiculous amount for more rivets (or settle for using any old rivet, which is what I did).

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
The Mopar ones are cheap and will protect you from the more insane rock chips at highway speeds. Just a few things:

- Using the Mopar guards with the Rubi rock rails requires a bit of metal trimming on the rails for everything to fit. Not hard, but an afternoon's work. I would think this applies to some other rock rails, as well.
- Some people complain about having them for offroading. In my experience, they just bend and go right back into shape. Not a big deal so far. And if you really look at them, they don't eat into your ground clearance as much as some people claim they do.
- Be VERY careful while installing. Get yourself a good rivet gun - don't skimp. Mopar doesn't provide any extra rivets, so if you mess one up, you've gotta pay a ridiculous amount for more rivets (or settle for using any old rivet, which is what I did).

You can get plastic rivets at harbor freight along with the plastic rivet gun. Thats what I did.

Medictrode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2017 Ram 2500 Power Wagon
I had to do something on my Rubicon due to the chipping issues, especially before winter and the damned rock salt comes. I wasn't sure if the Jeep ones fit, so I got a cheap set from Advanced Auto and they look nice, and installed easily. They do help greatly with the rocks flinging onto the doors and hinges. I am hoping a better solution comes up, but for now they are cheap, look nice and work.
Sponsored