Spied: Wrangler 2-Door JL Rubicon Soft Top and Export JL Sport Hard Top

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Firecracker Red
och noo... again those kind of bumpers in Europe...so ugly. Look at how much the front bumper sticks out. Pedestrian safety?? It's a joke.
Hope the American version bumper will be available as an option at least? (this was not the case with the JK until a few years ago)
Pedestrian Safety....

"Oh Thank you Jeep, another person saved from being pinned between the bumper and the 3" of space between the fender, just think of how many lives you have saved.":clap: :handsinair:
Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Couple of things to note.

First the grill has some sort of rectangle lights hiding in it. You can see the them zooming in. I outlined them here:

JL-Wrangler-Rubicon-2-door-5-JLWranglerForums copy.jpg
JL-Wrangler-Rubicon-2-door-7-JLWranglerForums copy.jpg

Next it looks like the soft top side window is almost a hard panel that is removable. Is it maybe possible where you can run a hard side panel with a soft top?

JL-Wrangler-Rubicon-2-door-12-JLWranglerForums copy.jpg

phcn

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2002 KJ liberty/cherokee 2.5 crd sport+ (sold) - Jeep 2015 BU Renegade 1.4 multiair2 longitude - Jeep 2018 BU Renegade 1.6 Etorque South Beach
There is a difference with the exhaust, on the passenger side for US version and on driver side for export.

sdcrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler crd

First the grill has some sort of rectangle lights hiding in it. You can see the them zooming in. I outlined them here:

Next it looks like the soft top side window is almost a hard panel that is removable. Is it maybe possible where you can run a hard side panel with a soft top?

I don't think those would be lights, seems that there would be too many. Maybe some kind of sensor of logo? Since it has been moved from the hood...

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab
You can sorta see the interior in a couple of pics. Matches up with what we've seen of the interior before. Large screen.

2018-Wrangler-JL-Hardtop-JLWranglerForums-7.jpg

2018-Wrangler-JL-Hardtop-JLWranglerForums-9.jpg

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-Interior-Rubicon-1.jpg

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Tape immediately under the gas cap [cover]....

1) A reminder that this "puppy" takes diesel (which you'd think would be yellow, like the corresponding gas can for diesel...)?
2) A jury rigged method of keeping as gas cap cover (not a gas cap) from locking when the mechanism for unlocking hasn't been put into the mule....(i.e. the JLs getting a gas cap cover that locks from within the vehicle...)?
3) A sign of absolutely nothing [to throw us off....]?
4) A method of preventing fumes from escaping given a yet perfected, or installed on the mule, gas cap cover and cap all in one...?
5) Other?

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think those would be lights, seems that there would be too many. Maybe some kind of sensor of logo? Since it has been moved from the hood...
I dont think its for the logo. The logo will be on the hood like on the older models. If you look close at the 2nd pic I posted with the circle and zoom in they rectangles looks filled by a amber lens.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Tape immediately under the gas cap [cover]....

1) A reminder that this "puppy" takes diesel (which you'd think would be yellow, like the corresponding gas can for diesel...)?
2) A jury rigged method of keeping as gas cap cover (not a gas cap) from locking when the mechanism for unlocking hasn't been put into the mule....(i.e. the JLs getting a gas cap cover that locks from within the vehicle...)?
3) A sign of absolutely nothing [to throw us off....]?
4) A method of preventing fumes from escaping given a yet perfected, or installed on the mule, gas cap cover and cap all in one...?
5) Other?
Diesel fuel is designated with a green covering/logo at all the gas stations around here. I see yellow used as E85 most of the time.

freegld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU

Now that you've pointed it out, that's all I see. Perhaps, the flares are indeed modular, and the "skinny" look is the Safari flares, and those lights underneath the headlights then provide the turn signals you lost removing flare lights..,.

Wishful thinking? Probably. I hadn't anticipated doing mods with the flares, but they're too ugly to keep.

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Now that you've pointed it out, that's all I see. Perhaps, the flares are indeed modular, and the "skinny" look is the Safari flares, and those lights underneath the headlights then provide the turn signals you lost removing flare lights..,.

Wishful thinking? Probably. I hadn't anticipated doing mods with the flares, but they're too ugly to keep.

LOL I thought they are ugly as well, but the more I look at the painted high line versions the more they are growing on me. If I can eliminate the the LED light in them so they look like the Safari concept and throw on some larger 35 (hell maybe even 37s would fit with the black trim removed) that would be amazing, keep modding costs down, and keep the whole set LCG.

freegld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
LOL I thought they are ugly as well, but the more I look at the painted high line versions the more they are growing on me. If I can eliminate the the LED light in them so they look like the Safari concept and throw on some larger 35 (hell maybe even 37s would fit with the black trim removed) that would be amazing, keep modding costs down, and keep the whole set LCG.
Blacking out the LED lens is a backup if all else fails, so at first glance, a painted flare will look like the Safari.

oscarmike

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red Moab
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys and gals.

First I dont think those are hinges on the soft top but just reflections off the plastic windows. No hinges in other rear pics of the JL. Next I do believe the soft top looks like it may be from Bestop and if so perhaps there are no more dreaded zippers but the slide in track as on the new trektop nx glide. I also am glad to see they added the mesh behind the grill to keep rocks and bugs from lodging in the radiator. It also looks like those are stock 33s on the Rubicon with room to spare...hopefully that will allow 35s without needed to lift maybe just spidex spacers or deeper offset rims. All in all I am happy with the LEDs, lowered spare and rock rails. Really looking forward to getting back into a Jeep...probably the JT/ Scrambler with the diesel. Not ideal for off roading but awesome nonetheless, living in New England I want a kick ass truck for the winters and a doorless ride for the rest of the year!!!

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
The Rubi will handle 35s with no mods. This includes not needing spacers due to the axles being longer.

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup

There are a couple of pictures in this thread with a naked grille. Like this one. I have no idea why they are still masking the grille. I can't imagine there are turn signals there, not with turn signals in the fender flares. Makes no sense. At this point, I hope it is blank space so we can add our own turn signals in the grille.

upload_2017-9-12_17-0-44.jpeg
Sponsored