Build Electricity with Coal

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
This is RAM's response to Ford's Raptor...AND it destroys the Raptor. Period.
Raptors are good trucks, I have owned three of them but RAM has raised the bar...

I know that you are a Ford Fan Boy, also a moderator on the Bronco site...My question is are you a paid troll or just a troll?
You're insightful. Of course I like Ford (look at my avatar). But I also have a Rubicon on order, so I'm not sure what your problem is. And I am not a moderator at all on Bronco6G. And my post had NOTHING to do with a Raptor AND not even a mention of FORD!!! ...wth. It was a link to a Dodge RAM SRT10. I have never mentioned the Raptor, ever. Shit, I don't even want a pickup...this is not even a pickup thread, I just know the RAM SRT10 was the fastest production pickup to date until this new RAM was released. I found it funny that it took 16 years to dethrone it...pal, you need to relax.

And I didn't know I couldn't be on both forums. Can people not like Ford and Jeep at the same time???

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
You're insightful. Of course I like Ford (look at my avatar). But I also have a Rubicon on order, so I'm not sure what your problem is. And I am not a moderator at all on Bronco6G. And my post had NOTHING to do with a Raptor AND not even a mention of FORD!!! ...wth. It was a link to a Dodge RAM SRT10. I have never mentioned the Raptor, ever. Shit, I don't even want a pickup...this is not even a pickup thread, I just know the RAM SRT10 was the fastest production pickup to date until this new RAM was released. I found it funny that it took 16 years to dethrone it...pal, you need to relax.

And I didn't know I couldn't be on both forums. Can people not like Ford and Jeep at the same time???
No you must choose! LOL

Worth mentioning that you can't really compare the SRT-10 to the TRX, given it's RWD, low ground clearance, etc. It's also quite amazing that they've been able to keep the weight nearly the same as the SRT-10 and add all the off road ability, additional power, safety, interior refinements, etc... and cut almost a half second to 60. That... is awesome. They could have decided against those trade offs though and delivered a truck similar in spirit to the SRT-10 and probably ended up with something in the low 3's 0-60. The off road capability (longer travel suspension), 4wd, gearing, etc., likely limit it's 0-60 time. They'll let the aftermarket pick that one up.

Sounds weird but I still rather have the Raptor just from looks alone. Raptor is fast enough for me.

Manual would be sick but I don't think they can do it w/o making a one-off transfer case.... could be wrong.

Last edited:

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No you must choose! LOL

Worth mentioning that you can't really compare the SRT-10 to the TRX. You're comparing a (RWD) street car with a (basically unusable other than extremely light duty) truck bed on it with low ground clearance to an off road truck. It's also quite amazing that they've been able to keep the weight nearly the same as the SRT-10 and add all the off road ability, additional power, safety, interior refinements, etc... and cut almost a half second to 60. That... is awesome. My guess is that the SRT-10 got significantly more power to the ground % wise than the TRX.
Yup, it's definitely an accomplishment as well as the RAM holding the #1 and #2 spot for fastest pickups.

To mention, Raptor is actually now #4 on that list, because the Ford F150 Limited is actually faster than a Raptor. But God strike me down if I mention Ford here.

And ya, way back when in 2004, these kind of features and abilities would have cost way too much to make it affordable. I don't believe the Raptor even existed...wasn't it the F150 Lightening or something?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup, it's definitely an accomplishment as well as the RAM holding the #1 and #2 spot for fastest pickups.

To mention, Raptor is actually now #4 on that list, because the Ford F150 Limited is actually faster than a Raptor. But God strike me down if I mention Ford here.

And ya, way back when in 2004, these kind of features and abilities would have cost way too much to make it affordable. I don't believe the Raptor even existed...wasn't it the F150 Lightening or something?
The SVT F150 lightning was (still is) an awesome truck. Oddball styling, 5.4 block with an Eaton blower. Swap a KB onto it, add exhaust tune... you're 700+ HP. But damnit, Ford of that era kinda sucked otherwise. SVT was great. Cobra, Lightning... both amazing vehicles.

Then again, Viper also has a cult following for a reason. Really cool cars. Not my forte but they're amazing.

Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6

I always wanted to ask someone who understood Broncos... why do the fenders look like nail clippings? Are they removable on the trail?

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
The reservations were a marketing stunt, and a very good one. I think you are right, too. It takes any incentive to deal out of the equation. Still, from Ford's perspective, it gave them another marketing bonanza, which is really what it was designed to do. Ford's not dumb. Besides that, having so many with a reservation lowers the expectation of a deal. I think they won't say F-that, but rather, Ok....then fork over the $$$.
Dare I say that Ford may be master marketers. When Ford slapped the "Ecoboost" name on their turbocharged engines, I encountered more than a few (uninformed) people who thought this was some unheralded technology.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I always wanted to ask someone who understood Broncos... why do the fenders look like nail clippings? Are they removable on the trail?
lol, I guess that’s kinda true. But yes, quickly removable, one of the videos shows how fast it is...like just twist some pins and pop them off....not sure if there will be Bronco fender flare thieves though!!!

Due to their simplicity, I’m sure there will be many aftermarket options. Or just run with no fenders — but there’s the ugly rectangular holes that would need to be filled...

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reservations what a joke! That is like screwing fans for PSLs.

If Mopar tried that crap on any car, people would go ballistic.

So one reserves a Bronco, they go down to the dealer for 2022 full size Bronco or whatever.
The sales guys says oh you have a Reservation, great we are charging MSRP and 10K demand charge.

Customer, F-ck that, I will go buy a Jeep and give me my damn reservation 100$ back with interest please!
btw, I should mention that it’s already been made clear that the Bronco is in fact eligible for A-Z plans. So this is simply not true. Whether that carries over to the First Edition Broncos I don’t know...I’m in Canada so I don’t care either...they couldn’t be reserved.

But anyway don’t wanna talk about he Bronco here, there’s another thread on this forum for that. I just thought I’d clear this up.

R

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If they come off I'm putting ones on my Jeep.

Sponsored

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Dare I say that Ford may be master marketers. When Ford slapped the "Ecoboost" name on their turbocharged engines, I encountered more than a few (uninformed) people who thought this was some unheralded technology.
Looks to me like they know what they are doing, in the marketing department, anyway! Lol!

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
btw, I should mention that it’s already been made clear that the Bronco is in fact eligible for A-Z plans. So this is simply not true. Whether that carries over to the First Edition Broncos I don’t know...I’m in Canada so I don’t care either...they couldn’t be reserved.

But anyway don’t wanna talk about he Bronco here, there’s another thread on this forum for that. I just thought I’d clear this up.

R
last I knew this is JL Wrangler Forum, why do people including Ford marketing people come over here and discuss Broncos and stir up shit when they now have their own Forums???

and yes the moderators should move all off brand threads/topics to this section.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/other-vehicles-general-automotive-chat.6/
Jeep Wrangler JL Spied! V8 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Hemi Production Version Begins Testing! 1597966372182
Sponsored